Graduate Training Programme, Marketing Recruitment
Are you looking for a company that will invest in you; that will nurture your passion, develop your skills, and expose you to an exceptional network of people with the chance to make a real difference to the lives of others? If you are, then the Stopgap Groups’ Graduate Programme is a perfect fit for you.
As the UK’s leading independent marketing recruitment agency, the Stopgap Group helps marketing professionals at all levels progress their careers within some of the best marketing departments and agencies in the UK. Based in the lovely riverside town of Richmond-upon-Thames, we have a great ‘no pressure’ environment, and it’s a friendly, fun, great place to work (we’ve even won awards saying just that!). We don’t cold call or compete with each other, nor are we KPI and target driven.
By joining our Graduate Programme, you’ll spend your first year as a Recruitment Executive supporting a team of consultants and learning all the necessary skills and industry knowledge to make you a great Stopgap Consultant at the end of your year.
So, what will you be doing?
Reporting into the Lead Consultant, you’ll play a pivotal role as you support a team of up to five consultants and ensure that candidates and clients receive Stopgap’s “positively different” experience. You will be responsible for:
- Auditing and vetting candidates by reviewing their CVs and talking to them over the phone
- Responding to candidates via phone and email to keep them up to date with the progress of their applications
- Ensuring candidates have all the necessary information in advance of interviews with clients
- Alerting consultants to interesting candidates who are relevant for their sectors
- Arranging for clients and your consultants to meet with candidates
- Following up on queries from clients and candidates
- Preparing presentations for client meetings
If you want to become Stopgap’s next Recruitment Executive and begin a successful career in marketing recruitment within a genuinely great working environment, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A genuine passion for recruitment and an understanding of the marketing industry
- Exceptional all-round communication skills, confident and comfortable dealing with people at all levels
- A natural understanding of how to deliver exceptional customer service
- The ability to multi task and show initiative
- Attention to detail – both in verbal communication and written: emails, database entries
- Excellent time management to ensure work gets delivered against tight time frames
- The ability to work well within a team; you’re supportive of others and help out by sharing ideas and information
- Not afraid to seek clarification if faced with conflicting priorities
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing demands of the role
- Computer literate, preferably touch typist
“That sounds exactly like me! What do I do next?” Well we’re glad you asked.
Using just one A4 page, we would like you to tell/show us why you think you have what it takes to become a great recruitment consultant. We don’t mind how it’s done – be as creative as you like and don’t be afraid to show your personality. We’re just looking for a genuine reason to pick up the phone and give you a call. Remember, the Stopgap Group is all about being positively different – so it’s a chance for you clearly demonstrate your passion for recruitment and marketing.
Please send in your A4 page following the instructions above, and your CV to email@example.com by 31st December 2012. Please note - if you do not complete the 'A4 page' task, we will be unable to consider your application.
We look forward to hearing from you.