Sorry, this job is no longer available
A leading and highly innovative multi-channel organisation is urgently seeking a highly experienced media planning professional to join their successful and expanding company. The right candidate will have plenty opportunity to develop within the company and mould, shape and make the role their own. A competitive salary package is on offer including a generous bonus scheme.
The role of the Media Planner will be to analyse and interpret media and consumer data and apply creative thinking into developing innovative ways of directing media spend at the right people and through the right channels.
The role will combine strategic thinking with consumer understanding through the interrogation of data from a range of sources and ensuring the outputs are aligned to the client brand and business objectives.
- To provide analysis and interrogation of both historical and contextual data in order to identify emergent trends and key levers as part of the client marketing mix.
- Extrapolation and modelling of future patterns based in current audience influencers and drivers.
- The segmentation of data and customer by mode, mission and mindset.
- Identify and qualify commercial opportunities and areas and be able to assess business return on spend/resource
- To have the ability to challenge audience, channel selection and creative execution as appropriate.
- To develop hypotheses based on insights that will challenge assumptions and change client opinion.
- To mine existing research and data sources to stimulate or provoke new ideas or thinking.
- To be able to translate complex information into clear and actionable insights.
- To build a function reputation for penetrating fact-based initiatives/ideas/insights that align with the value drivers across the brand portfolio
- To partner with & cross-influence the other elements of the department so to enrich the value & reputation of the individual and collective asset.
- To establish a culture of 'continuous assessment' within the function so as to ensure objectivity & transparency in terms of value delivery to the business.
- Strong and authoritative interpersonal skills and an ability to articulate complex research/data and its meaning to senior marketers
- Media analytical skills from a client marketing team or media business.
- Excellent verbal communication to talk credibly and knowledgably.
- Exposure to and passion for the application of technologies and online business modelling.
- Success in building strong , trusted relationships with, stakeholders and clients
- Ability to work in autonomously and with the ability to challenge and clarify brief objectives and deliverables.
- Analysis and interrogation of both historical and contextual data to identify emergent trends and key levers as part of the business planning processes