Director - Bob the Builder and Fireman Sam
The Brand Director will be the driver of Bob the Builder and Fireman Sam brands ensuring success and growth in all regions. This person will work closely with colleagues across the company (Hit and Fisher-Price) to ensure that the brands have a clear strategy and exceptional marketing support within budgets to create maximum value. Specifically, this role will devise global brand strategies, marketing plans and assets to drive the brands’ growth in all regions with the additional responsibility for EMEAUK implementation.
- Create brand strategies and annual marketing plans working with colleagues, global and local teams
- Gain management buy-in and company consensus to brand strategies and marketing plans
- Ensure that all strategies and plans are supported by assets, are regularly evaluated, and completed on schedule
- Develop and implement clear and comprehensive plans suitable to communicate and inspire internal stakeholders and partners
- Evaluate, in partnership with category teams and regional heads, how to maximise and grow the brands (licensing, new business, etc.)
- Have a thorough knowledge of key trends, brand and competitors’ performance
- Work in conjunction with local and global sales and marketing teams to devise territory growth plans
- Work with all Hit offices and teams worldwide to effect, execute and monitor strategies, brand health and local activity
- Prepare and be responsible for the budget and forecasting process including preparation of monthly brand reports
- Develop contingency plans to help resolve differentials in forecasting
- Support all regions by creating strong marketing plans and actionable, innovative assets to support local activity
- Ensure all messages, communications, experiences and products are true to the brands, optimal, and efficient
EXECUTIVE REPRESENTATION & PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
- Hosts and/or represents Hit and the global brands at a variety of internal and external meetings including partner pitches, working line review meetings, production meetings, line reviews, etc.
- Is expert on their brands and business and be able to sell in their vision and strategy.
- Needs the ability to manage feedback, approvals and objections with a calm, professional, fact-based position.
- Manages a team of 4 brand and marketing personnel responsible for the day-to-day business operations.
- Coaches, motivates and develops team. Makes hiring decisions and works through performance issues as necessary.
- 12+ years with a proven track record in marketing/branding, with an emphasis in children’s brand a plus
- BA/BS (4-Year College/University Degree)
- MBA (a plus)
- Experience in managing a portfolio of brands
- Organised, disciplined and a strong team player
- Flexible and able to remain calm and work under pressure
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Global thinker
- Passionate for brands and children’s entertainment
To be considered, please send your CV, outlining your current salary, quoting position reference HIT04 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org sending your CV and covering letter as attachments.
About HIT Entertainment Ltd.
HIT Entertainment Ltd is the world’s leading provider of entertainment for pre-school children, with a portfolio of classic properties including Bob the Builder™, Thomas the Tank Engine™, Barney™, Angelina Ballerina™ and Pingu™, amongst many others.