Conference & Incentive Travel is looking for a Senior Sales Executive to sell across the C&IT portfolio.
Conference and Incentive Travel is the UK’s leading brand for the meetings and conference market. Our magazine alone circulates to 18,504 readers every month. We ensure that every one of our readers meets with our strict subscription protocols and ensure we are fully requested - meaning our advertisers have access to only the highest quality readers in the market. We remain the largest fully requested title in the market. This readership is the cornerstone of our brand and delivers the engagement for our readers and clients across that which has helped build the rest of our portfolio of products including digital, print supplements, awards and Haymarket’s largest forums network with six different events.
Reporting to the Advertising Manager, you will work with the C&IT sales team to generate maximum potential revenue for this portfolio. Your clients will include hotel chains, exhibition centres and tourist boards. Selling across more than 30 brand extensions you will have the opportunity to develop skills across the entire media landscape. From magazine and supplement advertising to live events, digital and awards sponsorship, C&IT will give you the ultimate platform to develop your sales career.
Within this role you will be expected to:
- Maintain, grow and expand revenue opportunities for the portfolio. You should be constantly seeking new ways and areas to develop that and to our revenue and profitability.
- Build the sales story. This involves understanding/analysing current strengths, weaknesses and areas of development and producing a plan to help build the sales story.
- Focus on forward planning.
- Personal selling. You will inherit a cross section of clients; big, small and of varying spend. Developing these accounts will be key
- Arrange and attend approximately 5 face to face meetings a week
- Your attitude should be positive, determined, professional, and considered.
- Make balanced and considered decisions. Be decisive and take responsibility.
- Your role will require open and honest communication, being proactive, knowing what really is important and worth fighting for as opposed to the trivial. Your knowledge and understanding of what the company expects from you is essential to your development.
Sales Your sales responsibilities include:
- Personal selling. You will inherit a cross section of clients; big, small and of varying spend.
- To maximise all advertising and other revenues for the C&IT Portfolio.
- Meet and exceed current budget and business plan forecasts for contribution and revenue
- Delivering revenues, through your individual efforts both with existing accounts and through constantly seeking new ways and areas to develop that and add to our revenue and profitability
- Reporting into the Advertising Manager to ensure correct coverage of your client base.
- Maximise profitability of any special projects by careful planning of pagination, costs, yield management, managing bad debt and resources
- Work proactively and positively with the sales and editorial teams to achieve these goals
- Strategically develop accounts to achieve sustained commercial success
- Develop new business, clients, projects and other sales initiatives
- Regular face to face meetings.
- Analysis. This needs to be constant. You should analyse current activity and results, strengths and weaknesses, potential market areas and the competition. This information should give you the basis to develop and implement plans to increase revenue, build loyalty, build market share, partnerships and motivate your staff.
- The following represents the minimum acceptable level of reporting you must deliver:
- Regular sales based reporting
- Accurate forecast for your client base and or projects across the portfolio on a weekly basis
- You must make it a priority to report accurately and within given time frames
- You are expected to inform your manager of all developments affecting revenue and our market position.
- You must ensure that all bookings have written confirmation from the client before they are put onto the future proof system
- Query memos must be dealt with in a timely manner. Your manager will be able to supply you with guidelines on how the QM system runs.
- You are expected to forecast accurately on your prospects and features
- You must be proactive and driven to get on with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Exerting huge amounts of enthusiasm, confidence and charisma is essential to this role
- Be able to support and mentor the junior members of the team
- Your attitude should be positive, determined, considered and business like. You need to see things from the brand’s point of view and not just from the sales angle. The company objectives come first. Whilst your job is to maximize revenue, it should not be at the expense of the quality of the product
- You should consistently be setting an example to more junior members of the team and the department in terms of revenue generated, professionalism, sales skills and market / product knowledge.
- Being a senior member of the team involves open and honest communication, being proactive, knowing what really is important and worth fighting for as opposed to the trivial. Your knowledge and understanding of what the company expects from you is essential to your development.
- Recognize what’s important to other people
About Haymarket Media Group
Whether you’re looking to start a career in media or you’re already an established player, why not come and join this influential publisher, with an outstanding history of success and a future full of growth, expansion and exciting challenges?