This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join the Conservative Party’s marketing and digital team to write engaging copy about the Conservative Party’s work, both in a coalition government and as an independent political party, for use across a varied range of marketing and digital platforms.
We’re looking for a copywriter with a proven track record of collating often complex information from a variety of sources and transforming it into engaging, informed and informative copy which will resonate with a varied spectrum of voters. Applicants do not need to be from a political background but an interest and enthusiasm for politics, and current affairs in general, is desirable.
Key responsibilities include:
- To write informed and engaging marketing copy about the Conservative Party’s work, both in coalition government and as an independent political party, for a variety of marketing platforms, ranging from web and e-newsletter copy, to social media updates, Party Political Broadcast scripts and treatments, and direct mail.
- To support colleagues in writing accessible copy that suits their requirements.
- To write copy for national campaigns, as well as on local constituency-based issues.
- To write copy which resonates with a broad spectrum of different voter groups – ensuring consistency of messaging is coupled with use of language which is appropriate and engaging for each group.
- To work to tight deadlines in an every-changing environment, whilst prioritising effectively and managing feedback from multiple departments.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button