Media Relations Manager
Media Relations Manager (Job Ref: P00451)
Fixed term contract, 12 months, maternity cover starting April
Salary: £34,600 - £38,900 (Grade F)
We are looking for an intelligent, self-motivated and credible Media Manager to join our team in this challenging role. You'll need to be a bright all-rounder with considerable media relations experience, great writing skills and buzz. You will be enthusiastic, confident and a good team player. The unit believes in delivering the highest quality work. Managing the process, not a team, you can expect exciting and interesting work and a great work/life balance.
This post is key to the achievement of the Group’s aim to position Cambridge Assessment as a leader in assessment in the UK. The post-holder will support the organisation’s determination to influence core audiences, working reactively and proactively to embed Cambridge Assessment at the heart of assessment thinking and development.
Reporting to the Group Director Public Affairs, the post-holder will proactively and reactively defend and promote the reputation of the Group and its constituent parts in all matters pertaining to external media - including social media.
The post-holder will ensure that Cambridge Assessment is positioned effectively in the UK media through the delivery of appropriate programmes of media activity through;
- designing, delivering and maintaining media strategies to support Group messages
- proactively promoting initiatives that enhance the Group’s reputation as a respected, leading authority on assessment issues
- being the principal point of contact for all journalists in relation to assessment
- working closely with corporate board members and senior personnel to propose and promote solutions and responses to media activity
- ensuring that Group strategies and programmes (such as Brand, Stakeholder, Events, Politics, Research and the Group CEO) are supported and advised effectively to maintain coherence.
To find out more about this role, please view the job description, or alternatively apply online now. For Cambridge Assessment employees this can be considered as a secondment opportunity.
The closing date for applications is 10 February 2013, interviews will be held week commencing 18 February 2013.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.
More jobs like this
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Marketing Agency jobs in London (Greater)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Marketing Media Agency jobs in London (Greater)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Marketing Client Side / In-house jobs in London (Greater)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Marketing Media Owner jobs in London (Greater)