Sorry, this job is no longer available
Web & Digital Manager, Leisure/Sport
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, you will;
- Assist the planning and lead the delivery / evaluation of the digital strategy
- Ensure accurate deployment / policing / generation of web content including that via the network of web delegates
- Act as the focal point of contact on all website development, training, PPC, SEO and e-commerce related projects, ensuring the customers` needs remain at the heart of the process
- Manage the communications process for all stakeholders during development projects / system outages
- Assist lead B2C social media feeds and the escalation process
- Assist the delivery of the CRM programme
- Consult on any digital marketing related projects to other key stakeholders across the business.
- Policing: Manage the web approvals process, ensuring all content is accurate and on brand, managing alterations via the relevant web delegates where required
- Training: Ensuring all field based web delegates have sufficient CMS training, running regular refresher / new starter courses (keeping the CMS guide up to date when new developments are deployed)
- Content: Work with numerous stakeholders internally / externally to ensure relevant, up to date, inspiring content is available / distributed where possible
- Work with Content Committee to ensure an ongoing stream of cross-platform content is available
- Agency: Manage digital agencies on all day to day / development projects, managing timings, budgets and outputs
- Development: Manage the development budget to ensure maximum ROI based on identified development projects
- Reporting: Feed into wider marketing reports to ensure web stats are accurately reported / reflected to the Senior Management Group (SMG)
- Analytics: Setting up and ongoing regular review of Google Analytics to review site performance (for all sites), goals, drop off / bounce rates, dwell time etc. harnessing insights as a basis to review performance, drive acquisition / retention / cross-selling opportunities as well as identifying site development opportunities
- Future proofing: Through keeping close to wider industry developments and trends, ensure the suite of websites remain at the forefront of the leisure industry, making recommendations for rationalisation as appropriate
- Budgets: Manage budgeting / reporting on all digital projects.
PPC / SEO:
- Existing programmes: Review existing programmes, suggesting improvements
- Set up and lead all PPC / SEO projects including on-going refinement of them
- Opportunity: Link campaigns in to wider opportunities such as Sport Relief, National Reading Week etc.
- Agency: Work with media / PPC agency to review reports, ensuring ongoing test, learn, refine
- Link building: Work with partners / 3rd parties to refine the link building strategy
- Reporting: Feed into wider marketing reports to ensure PPC/SEO stats are accurately reported / reflected to the Senior Management Group (SMG).
- B2C: Set up, manage, and grow B2C brand outposts (including Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Youtube, Pinterest), ensuring rigorous application of the brand guidelines / tone of voice
- Escalation: Manage the escalation process internally when negative / defamatory comments are intercepted; ensuring senior management sign off on any responses
- Insights: Channel any key, pertinent consumer insights gleamed from brand outposts into wider creative briefs in order to improve the effectiveness of wider marketing programmes
- Automated programme: Review the automated programme, ensuring all email comms is in line with the policy guidance and industry best practise
- Learnings: Review test, learn, refine programme, suggesting improvements to templates / content to increase ROI
- Buy online: 2012 saw the introduction of buy online` (which few leisure companies currently offer). Working with the senior team, ensure the online purchasing process is optimised
- Shop: Review and maximise e-commerce potential across all sites
- Reporting: Feed into wider marketing reports to ensure web stats are accurately reported / reflected to the Senior Management Group (SMG).
- Consult on wider marketing projects, harnessing digital skillset in order to improve the project / enhance ROI
- Link in to third party projects that they are involved with leading on issues as required
- Keep abreast of significant developments in the digital space which have a direct bearing / influence on web development, PPC/SEO and social media
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS ROLE:
- Strong digital marketing skillset (including MS office IT literacy)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research, prepare, justify and present proposals
- Ability to present up to and including Senior Management level
- Multitasker able to work across multiple projects to tight timescales
- Data literate, able to review / assess / make recommendations as a result of analysis
- Demonstrably developed social media presence across multiple outposts (personal, or brand)
- Bachelor degree in marketing, qualified member of the CIM or equivalent
- Good understanding of:
 the characteristics and qualities that customers / prospects want from leisure / health and fitness centres and libraries
 wider sports sector
 social enterprise sector
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing communications environment,
- Understanding of financial control, budgeting and monitoring
- Experience managing / developing large commercial website(s)
- Experience managing PPC, SEO, e-commerce, e-marketing and affiliate marketing programmes, driving incremental ROI
- B2C social media experience
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role.
If this sounds like the role for you then please contact Rachel Hawker ASAP!
Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.