Sorry, this job is no longer available
Head of Business Development
Closing date: 18 February 2013
Shelter is looking for a results-driven Head of Business Development with impressive corporate fundraising/commercial sales and marketing experience to take on this brand new role.
Over the past year, we’ve been busy developing a fundraising strategy for the five years ahead. We have attracted considerable interest from corporate partners and have been successful in building long-term partnerships with British Gas, Fujitsu, Nationwide and KPMG. As a result, we’ve increased investment in our fundraising division and are expanding the Corporate Partnerships team to make sure we offer excellent support to and make the most of these partnerships. With the creation of these roles, our aim is simple – to work together with our partners to help more people. We are looking for energetic individuals who share our passion and vision to make this a reality.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Delivering new business income by securing strategic and lucrative corporate partnerships
- Providing high quality leadership and management of the business development team
- Working cross-divisionally with research, policy and service colleagues to optimise our portfolio
- Analysing prospects to asses their synergies and the commercial advantage in partnering us
- Driving forward networking opportunities and positioning Shelter within the CSR environment
And what you’ll need:
- A track record of leading negotiations and securing and managing high level partnerships
- The gravitas to build strong alliances and networks in order to achieve positive outcomes for corporate prospects
- An in-depth knowledge of corporate fundraising mechanisms and disciplines
- A proven ability to manage and develop individuals and teams to deliver against targets
- Evidence of strategic thinking and writing and delivering income generation strategies
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please download the job description.
Shelter helps over a million people a year struggling with bad housing or homelessness – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
We’re here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
We are committed to giving all applications equal consideration
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button