Sorry, this job is no longer available
Deputy Head of Business Development
Closing date: 18 February 2013
Shelter is looking for a commercially aware Deputy Head of Business Development with an impressive corporate fundraising background to join us in this new role.
Over the past year, we’ve been busy developing a fundraising strategy for the five years ahead. We have attracted considerable interest from corporate partners and have been successful in building long-term partnerships with British Gas, Fujitsu, Nationwide and KPMG. As a result, we’ve increased investment in our fundraising division and are expanding the Corporate Partnerships team to make sure we offer excellent support to and make the most of these partnerships. With the creation of these roles, our aim is simple – to work together with our partners to help more people. We are looking for energetic individuals who share our passion and vision to make this a reality.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Securing strategic long term corporate partnerships
- Working with the Head of Business Development to assess synergies and the commercial advantage of organisations aligning with Shelter
- Proactively networking, sourcing senior contacts and identifying income opportunities
- Working cross-divisionally with research, policy and service colleagues to optimise our portfolio
- Developing and presenting creative propositions to a wide range of audiences
And what you’ll need:
- Significant corporate fundraising/commercial sales and marketing experience
- A proven track record of negotiating at a high income level
- Experience of building a pipeline of income generating opportunities
- Evidence of strategic thinking and developing constructive networks that lead to opportunities for the organisation
- A demonstrable ability to plan multi-year partnerships and cross-team projects
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please download the job description.
Shelter helps over a million people a year struggling with bad housing or homelessness – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
We’re here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
We are committed to giving all applications equal consideration
giving all applications equal consideration
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button