Sorry, this job is no longer available
Marketing Communications Manager, Travel
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop the visibility of the company in the UK. Through the management of marketing activity this role will be responsible for generating impactful campaigns that meet stakeholder objectives and increase sales across all their distribution channels. The role is also responsible for championing the brand in the UK and supporting our important trade relationships.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- You will report to and work with the Sales and Marketing Director to establish the marketing strategy
- Plan, execute and analyse all marketing campaigns on and offline
- Work closely with the global web team to deliver and measure all marketing campaigns
- Generate demand to satisfy direct sales channels and deliver to the UK sales and revenue targets
- Manage relationships with key trade partners including working on joint marketing campaigns
- Co-ordinate all market research - both quantitative and qualitative
- Develop positive relationships with specified, partners, media owners and tourist boards by working with them on the execution of campaigns
- Analyse media performance and deliver improved ROI
- Plan and manage all fairs and exhibition activity
- Oversee the management of student union/body relations
- Support the PR team in the management of PR activities
- Monitor competitor activity
- Manage assigned budgets and assist with forecasting
- Contribute to ad-hoc company projects and deliverables, as required
- Work closely with the Content Marketing Manager and cover where necessary
Required skills and experience:
- Degree in appropriate field or equivalent industry qualifications
- Experience in a similar role either within the travel industry or similar field
- Campaign management across on and offline marketing
- Experience of developing relationships with brand and trade partners
- A commercial mind and a strong understanding of ROI
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative flair
- A passion for travel
- A strong understanding of the student / youth market and travel industry a distinct advantage
Behavioural skills and competencies:
The ideal candidate would be a passionate marketer who loves travel.
You should be obsessed with testing and refining activity to achieve results. As the role involves working on multi-platform campaigns you should have a good understanding of the UK media environment and be experienced in running marketing campaigns. You will be working with a variety of partners and in cross-department teams so should be an excellent communicator and a team player. As you will be working in a small but dynamic team you should be flexible in your approach to tasks, comfortable working in a relaxed environment and enjoy working towards a culture of high achievement.
If this sounds like the role for you then please contact Rachel Hawker ASAP!!
Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.