Sorry, this job is no longer available
UX Design Manager
My client is a global online retailer and household name. They are building their mobile experience team and require a number of UX Design managers to work on the next generation of their mobile apps and platforms to bring a truly cross-channel experience to their customers.
You will be at the forefront of innovation in the industry and share the ambition to create the best mobile user experience available.
The UX Design Manager will be responsible for managing a team of talented designers to create user freindly and customer centric mobile platforms and applications.
Reporting to the Head of UX, responsibilities within the UX Design Manager's assigned areas will include:
- Leading the mobile development plans: shaping the overall strategy, defining and prioritising business requirements and working with the different business units to ensure their plans are integrated.
- Ownership of the user experience for mobile: championing a brilliant customer experience, and contributing to standards to be adopted across the group.
- User Experience Research and Testing either "hands-on" or via a research agency
- Championing a user centred way of thinking!
- Improve on the efficiency of designer time by putting in place slick processes
- Balance inputs from commercial, trading, web and mobile
- You will have worked across the full "User Experience" lifecycle of web and mobile development projects - define, design, develop and deliver. These will have ideally been in an ecommerce/retail environment. Experience in a fast paced agency environment is also a plus.
- You will be able to demonstrate exposure to and experience of core development skills - information architecture, user journeys, wireframe design, testing and design briefs.
- You will be a natural planner looking ahead, raising issues, providing solutions and meeting deadlines.
- You will have a natural interest in, and enthusiasm for, new mobile and web technologies.
- You will have experience managing a design team, with a passion for UX and a keen eye for strong visual design.