Sorry, this job is no longer available
Editorial Manager, Consumer Goods & Retail
Reporting to the Interactive Commerce Operations Manager, you will;
o Lead, develop, and deliver editorial content and copy
o Collaboratively evolve the tone of voice, and editorial strategy to deliver a consistent and seamless brand voice
o Lead and develop a team copywriters, and a social media executive
o Be responsible for the production of copy and editorial content for the company`s multichannel platforms
Leading & Directing Editorial Style
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for copy, editorial, social and customer voice on multi-channel platforms in order to engage, enrich and entertain our customers
- Ensure written content supports strategies for product catalogue, community and editorial content, and to evolve team and process accordingly
- Evolving customer voice and online engagement - to own and develop customer generated activities on the website (i.e. blogs, polls, surveys, ratings and reviews, ask and answer, stories and forums).
- Develop, own and police a tone of voice and style guide for all written activities. This should include brand guidelines for merchandising & marketing copy.
- Develop and oversee correct use of editorial style and tone of voice for all written web and electronic activities
- Develop and deliver consistent, emotive messaging cross platform that engages our customers in collaboration with marketing, broadcasting and merchandising
- Oversee general output and ensure it complies with company, industry and legal guidelines and regulations.
- Evolve content to support editorial goals for community, editorial, and social media and to initiate new projects using strategic goals to justify development.
- Collaborate with key staff to ensure that customer voice and user experience are optimal
- Stay up-to-date with commercial awareness of industry copy and its application - particularly with regards to usability, SEO, accessibility and community.
- Research existing and emerging social platforms new ways to reach and engage our target market
Managing process & delivery
- Co-ordinating and prioritising the delivery of multi-channel copy and social media content to commercial needs
- Act as Editor-in-chief on all copy provided for multi-channel platforms ensuring a consistent standard and style across all dimensions
- Develop the quality and processes of product copy, tailored by category
- Work closely with direct reports, and adjacent teams to create efficiencies and develop production best practice.
- Creating copy guidelines & process - to maintain consistency in writing policies,
- Brand messaging, and event positioning across all copy platforms. Leverage Editorial voice to ensure content is brand-right and consistent
- Sharing results and engagement metrics with appropriate teams to evolve customer focussed content and create better copy
- Guide and edit writers and ensure output is consistent with company tone of voice and style guide
- Develop the team to ensure that they can combine high quality skills with a strong commercial focus and an awareness of the business impact of their output
- Co-ordinate training for team members and new starters.
- Motivate and develop direct reports through annual PDRs and objectives, regular reviews, ad-hoc guidance and assessment and fulfilment of training needs
- Be responsible for editorial decisions regarding the content and style of copy on multi-channel platforms, with guidance from the Interactive Commerce Operations Manager when appropriate.
Knowledge, skills & experience needed;
- Degree or equivalent in English, Media or other related subject
- A flair for imaginative and compelling copy; excellent promotional writing, editing, and communication skills, with a confident command of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Strong attention to detail and an eye for consistency
- Experience as a copywriter in an internet retail environment, (preferably in a senior role)
- Experience of managing and editing writers to ensure a high standard of copy
- Significant experience of writing for a range of social media platforms within an industry
- Experience of building an online community preferred
- Experience of writing for a blog or online journal and knowledge of blogging software
- Good knowledge of current web trends
- Good knowledge of one or more content management systems and used to publishing content directly
- Experience in training/develop writers
- Avid attention to detail and excellent proofing skills
- Good PC skills, especially MS Office
- Able to work well under own motivation without close supervision
Of this sounds like the role for you, please contact Rachel Hawker asap!
Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.