Sorry, this job is no longer available
HEINEKEN, the UK's no.1 cider and beer business, is looking to strengthen their award winning marketing team with an opportunity for Marketing Managers. Based in our new central London office, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the nation's favourite brands, supported by a global organisation which operates in over x markets. We are looking for you to help build strong, healthy brands in order to drive their volume and/or share and profit growth in the UK, acting as the brand guardian and leading advocate throughout the HUK business. You have the opportunity to make a real difference.
What kind of responsibilities will I have?
- Developing the brand strategy and gaining alignment through the business in order to deliver continued brand growth (volume/share/profitability/equity growth).
- Development of the annual brand plan and delivery through teams to meet annual commercial and brand targets
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting monthly brand volume/value share development and fiscal spending plan evaluation and driving resulting actions through the business.
- Defining the brand proposition and developing and managing the brand positioning through research, innovation, advertising and other marketing plans.
- Leading the development of the brand communications and owning the communications strategy
- Working with the innovation team, define the innovation strategy for your brand(s), develop the innovation pipeline and launch into market.
- Agreeing and communicating clear volume/profit/equity-building success criteria for all projects and implementing critical path/testing plan to check before committing resource.
- Managing relationships with agencies to get superior on-time, work.
- Development of brand commercial strategy Controlling annual brand budgets to meet annual targets.
- Building passion for our brands internally and externally to meet HEINEKEN UK's ‘brand-led business' agenda.
- Providing, and delivering, inspiring and engaging content for all sales briefings and customer presentations, alongside the Commercial Marketing Manager, to ensure the brand agenda is delivered through the business.
- Developing the career and business skills of direct reports in order to build best-in-class teams.
- Manage a brand A&P budget of up to £25M. Report against and propose actions to deliver brand NSV targets of up to £300M
- 10+ yrs experience managing big brands, preferably in FMCG.
- Evidence of building brands and delivering solid financial results within a consumer-focused organisation
- Experience of developing advertising campaigns from start to finish, which have delivered solid results.
- Understanding of the innovation process, and ideally, of brining new products to market.
- Strong leadership skills with a broad range of stakeholders and management of these stakeholders from a consumer centric orientation
- Experience coaching and mentoring employees, setting and managing performance objectives, and providing leadership to a team
- Clearly demonstrated analytical and commercial acumen
- Demonstrates gravitas, courage and conviction to be able to influence at a senior level within an organisation
- Ability to adopt structured processes and approaches and coach others to use them
- Lateral and innovative thinker, but with ability to structure and communicate complex strategic ideas and drive them to pragmatic deliverable solutions
- Comfortable across the range of conceptual and practical problem solving challenges, with a good ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
- Good judgement and well developed decision-making skills with an understanding of when to shift from analysis to action, and an ability to recognise critical problems and opportunities and to focus on these in favour of others
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button .
About HEINEKEN globally and in the UK
I think it's worthwhile adding in a bit here on Heineken globally – size of business, no of markets, no of people.
At HEINEKEN in the UK our success absolutely depends on the great people who work for us. That's why we're committed to providing jobs and careers that are enjoyable and challenging, in an environment built on fairness and respect. In short, we want to make HEINEKEN a great place to work.
As the UK's leading beer and cider business, we're also passionate about our fantastic brands including Foster's, Heineken®, Strongbow, Kronenbourg 1664, John Smith's and Bulmers plus a wide range of speciality brands. We employ around 2,300 people across the country, as well as owning around 1,300 pubs through our Star Pubs & Bars business.