Social Media & Community Manager : Ground-breaking youth entertainment website
This exciting global digital youth entertainment brand is the first of its kind and is leading the way in its sector. Relatively new but already global and growing with a large, highly engaged membership, it is all run out of a small London office with a busy, start-up feel. The brand makes use of the latest technology to deliver highly compelling and immersive experiences across multiple digital platforms. With serious backing from the entertainment industry, the brand also has high profile partners from around the world and includes an e-commerce element.
Already available in multiple languages and constantly rolling out to more markets, the brand also has all kinds of exciting innovations in the pipeline and one of their core objectives is to create a sustained and engaged community that will add value to the overall proposition.
This role offers a unique opportunity to join this dynamic company at a relatively early stage, becoming the go-to person on all things social and community management, making a real difference in building and shaping their future strategy and giving you the chance to grow with the company.
Reporting into the Creative Director and Head of Marketing, with some help from a Digital Marketing Executive, your responsibsilities would include:-
- Conceiving and executing a social media strategy across all marketing campaigns, growing a sustained, engaged community across all ages (whilst ensuring child safety)
- Creating, owning and sharing a cross-channel content calendar
- Listening to the community on a daily basis and making messaging recommendations.
- Managing the growth of the off-platform communities including the blog, Facebook, Twitter and other new relevant social spaces.
- Building and maintaining relationships with influential contacts in key communities.
- Collaborating with other departments to gather insightful, behind the scenes information to turn into high quality, rewarding, journalistic style articles.
- Writing and delivering both short-copy and long-copy to drive engagement – likes, comments, shares, retweets, hashtags, promoted tweets, repins, replies etc.
- Ensuring a consistent, on-brand tone of voice across all platforms and customer support correspondence.
- Forecasting, monitoring, measuring, analysing and reporting on social media activity and sentiment using different analytics tools: measurement will be applied to everything that you do.
- Encouraging all staff to be experts in the Social Media arena
- Developing relationships with core partners and affiliates to develop mutually beneficial messaging in their social media spaces.
- Longer-term, you will help define the brand’s global social media strategy, deciding which messages are appropriate to communicate in which region and language.
Required Experience and Skills:
You’ll have good experience and excellent knowledge in this area, including at least 3+ years’ managing social media platforms and community development for a major brand. The following are also required:-
- Excellent proven copywriting skills, you should be a natural born storyteller with a deep understanding of short-form, social media copywriting and the most useful content tactics for inspiring more likes, shares, comments, retweets, pins, etc.
- Experience in producing tight, focused social media copy—backed up by solid strategic thinking and strong visual awareness—under tight deadlines.
- Total enthusiasm for social media, you should be an early adopter who is regularly on other online communities
- A passion for sharing your social media expertise with others who are less knowledgeable; plus the confidence and stature needed to persuade others of the value in backing various initiatives.
- Good knowledge of a range of social media analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Radian 6), and experience in presenting results back to multiple departments and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Excellent verbal and organisational skills, with the ability to work closely with all members of the team – from the CEO and CTO to junior marketing execs.
- An education in social media crisis management and negative comment response work would be helpful.
This is a company creating and innovating in new and groundbreaking ways. You need to be ready to dive into a busy environment where you are constantly dealing with the unexpected and solving problems. You need to be hard-working, self-starting, confident, unflappable, highly adaptable, able to switch from strategy and planning to being all over the detail, someone who asks the right questions and is happy to throw yourself into any task.
If all of this sounds like you, please email your CV to me today either here or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologise, but due to the high level of interest in this role, we cannot respond to unsuccessful applications.
- 15 February 2013
- 15 March 2013
- MF - 15-02-13
- Client Side / In-house, Entertainment / Leisure / Sport, Media Owner, Retail, Telecommunications / IT, Gaming
- Account / Strategic Planning, Communications, Copywriting, E-Commerce, Editorial / Journalism / Content, Marketing, Mobile
- Full Time
- Contract Type
About Emma & Rachael & You
A personal and friendly service, Emma & Rachael & You are specialist recruiters to the advertising community. We work in a confidential and discrete manner with Creatives, Creative Services, Account Management & Planners
More jobs like this
- Management/Mid – Level Retail Mobile Client Side / In-house jobs in London (Central)
- Management/Mid – Level Retail Mobile Entertainment / Leisure / Sport jobs in London (Central)
- Management/Mid – Level Retail Mobile Media Owner jobs in London (Central)
- Management/Mid – Level Retail Mobile Retail jobs in London (Central)
- Management/Mid – Level Retail Mobile Telecommunications / IT jobs in London (Central)