Sorry, this job is no longer available
Consumer Marketing Manager
Consumer Marketing Manager
Location: Lonely Planet London – BBC Worldwide Media Centre
Contract Type: Full/Part Time (4 or 5 days per week), Fixed Term Contract
Closing date for applications: 7th March 2013
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Consumer Marketing Manager to join the Lonely Planet print publishing team based in the BBCW Media Centre, West London. Lonely Planet is the largest guide book and digital media travel company in the world.
The Consumer Marketing Manager role is situated within the EMEA publishing marketing department and is focussing on growing Lonely Planet brand equity and sales. The Consumer Marketing Manager will be responsible for setting short term and long term strategic consumer marketing direction, in line with the departmental goals and for the implementation of plans. The role has a strong commercial focus as the Consumer Marketing Manager will be fully responsibility for maximizing the reach of the Lonely Planet brand through tactical paid-for marketing and strategic brand partnership for the print product.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Brand Strategy and Planning: Ownership of EMEA consumer publishing marketing plan. Responsible for producing and executing annual consumer marketing plans in line with total brand strategy and positioning and EMEA commercial objectives.
- Consumer Marketing Campaigns: Lead strategic consumer marketing campaigns ensuring key performance indicators are met. Work with Research Manager to draw insights from consumer intelligence and use them to form plans with maximum results.
- Partnership Liaison: Develop and maintain long term relationships with partners in order to inflate campaign spend, efficiency and reach by maximizing partner input and support.
- Budget planning and management: responsible for the consumer marketing budget, allocating it in line with strategy and monthly budget management.
- Campaign ROI and evaluation – Set ROI measures for marketing activity and review post campaign and input learnings into the development of future activity.
- Cross Functional/work with Global teams: Work with trade marketing and media comms team in EMEA to create and implement integrated marketing communication. Represent the EMEA consumer marketing team globally to create global campaigns, share learnings and best practice.
- Creation and delivery of annual consumer marketing plan
- Strong consumer understanding and insight
- Budget Management
- Success in facilitating and delivering partner marketing activity
- Demonstrated ROI and creativity in marketing approach
- Management of creative and media agencies
- Good understanding of retail markets
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Excellent written (including copywriting) and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and administrative skills
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button