Sorry, this job is no longer available
Creative Production Manager
Creative Production Manager
Salary: £35,600 to £53,400 (dependent on experience)
Are you currently an agency Art Director or Head of Studio looking for your next move? Are you able to push the envelope creatively whilst maintaining focus on the audience and campaign objectives? Do you want to put your creative talent to the test? Do you want to help shape and grow a team which will have their work potentially influence millions of learners from across the UK and globally? Then you might be the right person for UCAS.
UCAS is already recognised at the heart of connecting people to higher education in the UK. But the brand is often seen as just part of a process - it could, and should, be so much more in this changing education landscape. It has developed a unique core role and expertise in matching the aspirations of applicants to the right courses in universities and colleges. However, the world of education is changing fast, financially and culturally, the decision making process requires a different approach from UCAS in communicating with our customers - both those offering courses and those wanting to study. The Creative Services Department will be key in translating the aspirations of the brand into collateral that creates a compelling call to action for it audiences through design, tone of voice and delivery.
Our marketplace is a diverse and expanding universe, and now more than ever we need to reach people outside of our traditional sphere of influence. We need to ensure that we protect the core UCAS identity and values whilst stretching into new areas, dialing up and down the necessary elements of the brand appropriately. We need to be at the heart of education, and the brand supported with creative which enable it to grow in a credible way into these existing and new adjacent markets.
To deliver this aspiration, we need someone with the necessary knowledge, experience and skills in managing our creative output in support of our brand - are you the one we need on our team?
Then get in touch.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the staff in the team, including the appraisal, objective setting and the identification of staff development and training opportunities.
- Assigning and managing all creative projects among the team.
- Oversee the selection and management of any suppliers and freelance design and print services.
- Oversee the development and implementation of processes to manage the team and its workload.
- Oversight and direction of all creative output from concept to completion of every project working with Account Managers and Senior Management Team to agree schedules and budgets.
- Working closely with Assistant Marketing Director, Marketing Account Managers and the rest of the team to solve marketing problems through smart, well-designed materials that help communicate messages and or sell products.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of strategies to deliver creative digital solutions.
- Selling concepts when required to internal and external audiences.
- Supervising a team of two designers and a copywriter.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable track record of delivering successful campaigns either as part of an in house team, or ideally within an agency environment.
- Ability to conceptualise and direct concepts through to design and execution.
- The ability to create web page and email concepts and designs which can be turned into online collateral by our web team.
- Knowledge of - or be willing to learn - digital publishing technologies such as Adobe DPS.
- Strong customer service, self-motivation and time management skills.
- Effective project leader skills, able to lead teams in brainstorming and concept development, a clear communicator and consensus builder.
- Strong organisational skills, be very detail-oriented and able to co-ordinate and deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong management skills, able to work with a talented staff and motivate them to challenge their own limits and skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign), and Microsoft office products Word/Excel/Powerpoint.
- Ability to direct and multitask effectively under pressure, with tenacity to deliver results to deadlines.
- Extensive experience of digital marketing, print/graphic design and web/online aesthetics, able to develop collateral in line with guidance but appropriate to audience.
- Corporate presentation and trade show design experience.
- Strong presentation and client management skills.
UCAS values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity
UCAS does not discriminate on grounds of age, nationality, race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button