Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Software Applications UX Designer - London - £40K-£50K
I am on the lookout for a Senior UX designer who has experience within software applications for my client who are an enterprise solutions software company for multi-channel communications and document automation. My client have
a passionate belief that technology should be tailored to the way people live and work, but who also has the ability to design within real-world constraints and solve practical interface problems. You should be a person who excels at visualizing solutions with digital tools, whiteboard markers, a sketch pad, napkins and ballpoint pens, even sticks and patches of dirt. If you're compelled to express your ideas visually anywhere, anytime, in whatever medium happens to be at your disposal, you might be right for the this role.
This role is primarily responsible for invention, defining the concept direction, and generating ideas toward fruition. Together with product managers, software engineers and your design team partners you will generate workable interface design solutions through a process of conceptual design, detailed design, documentation and communication. In cross-functional design meetings you'll come armed with a seemingly endless supply of solution ideas for the problems at hand, ready to refine and evolve the design through discussions with your design partners. Later, you'll bring the design to life with journey maps, sketches, wireframes and/or functional prototypes. This role is the lynchpin of our design process: involved early in a discovery phase with your UX Research partner, collaborating closely on requirements with product managers and owners, and continuing after the project is picked up by your Visual Interface Design partner.
What you should be good at:
- Understanding complex systems, processes, and relationships between people and software.
- Creatively solving problems at all levels of detail: from the big picture to the nuts and bolts.
- Learning new things. You're as interested in what worries stakeholders as you are in understanding what delights lawyers, commodities traders, marketers, and purchasing agents.
- Being decisive. You value feedback but don't require it to make a judgment call.
- Working collaboratively. We believe the exchange of ideas among the members of small, nimble teams is the fastest route to the best solutions.
- Presenting your work before a room of curious and sometimes skeptical engineers, interested and sometimes demanding marketers, and time-challenged and sometimes impatient executives.
- Empathizing. Our design method is built around satisfying the needs and motivations of people. If you want to make things better, we want you.
You will be responsible for:
- Stabilizing the interactive structure and flow between users and application interfaces (desktop, web, mobile apps).
- Defining how business needs and product requirements are met by an interface through navigation, framework, and basic UI design.
- Developing use cases, interaction maps and journey maps.
- Creating storyboards, sketches, mock-ups and/or wireframes for every element of the design, ensuring they comply with requirements and written design documentation.
- Ensuring that interaction designs conform to technical limitations for each UI, and that the solutions are implemented appropriately (with engineering and QA).
- Developing and evolving interaction design specifications.
- Designing and project managing interaction design projects; working with your manager, design team members, product managers and engineers to prioritize your work.
If you think this is the role for you, then please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 07508261136