Sorry, this job is no longer available
Consumer Insight Manager
We're the people who make top 10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. You know us through our wholesome white, wholemeal and seeded breads that offer delicious options to suit every family member - and our rolls, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, hot cross buns, wraps and other delicious bakery products.
We're one of three divisions of Allied Milling and Baking, which in turn is a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £11.1bn and close to 102,000 employees working in 46 countries. In the UK, well-known ABF brands include: Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Ovaltine, Patak's and Jordans Cereals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic yet small Insight team within Allied Bakeries allowing autonomy of decision making, exposure to all aspects of the marketing mix within a high profile arena. The successful candidate will be an Insight champion who as part of the team will be responsible for consumer, category and brand insight for the overall Allied Bakeries portfolio.
The Insight champion will act as the voice of the consumer/shopper and influence the business by deriving insight from multiple, diverse sources (e.g. continuous, ad hoc and desk research) and proactively engaging with the teams to help identify opportunities, address issues and support the overall Marketing agenda.
Driving Business Impact Through Partnership Approach
- Manage the Nielsen and Kantar relationships on a day-to-day basis, being their ‘go to’ person. Within this to manage the worklog for both these agencies ensuring all work is correctly prioritised, flagging any issues as soon as they arise.
- To lead the quarterly review process, ensuring that feedback is received and correlated after each project is complete.
Enhancing Insight Capability – Olympic in Reporting
- Ownership of the weekly share report (refreshing data, sense checking that the updates make sense and adding commentary on any significant changes).
- To become the champion of the inhouse Insight data repository tool through strong understanding of its capabilities:
- Getting up-to-speed and owning the system
- Building capability within the wider commercial function, ensuring teams are self-sufficient
- Leading the thinking on how to optimise the system to ensure maximum value is extracted.
Insight Champion – Inspiring Curiosity
- Be an insight partner to Category and Brand teams, proactively supporting the development and execution of marketing initiatives by leading and driving ad hoc research and analyses (Nielsen, Kantar etc.)
- Ensure partnership approach to align on the core business question to be addressed and providing clarity on the role of research within the process.
- Ensure market research proposals are written clearly, detailing the background; hypotheses/what do we know already; core consumer question; research objectives and method/sample together with a clear articulation of the deliverables and consequences expected as a result of the research.
- Ensure impactful communication of any insight led work, showing strong storytelling ability, together with a point of view on the ‘so what’ and ‘now what’.
- Ensure all work is cost effective yet value add, carried out to budget and on time.
- To manage the Insight Team budget.
Enhancing Insight Capability – Living The Values
- To support the development of capability within the Insight Team and more broadly as appropriate by sharing knowledge/experience; tools; best practice etc.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is essential
- Demonstrable relevant experience, ideally ‘client side’ in FMCG or similar including work across ad hoc research
- Consumer research experience in both qualitative and quantitative research is essential
- Strong knowledge and experience of analysing market data (e.g. Nielsen) and household purchase/consumption data (e.g. Kantar) is essential
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet changing deadlines.
- Strong storyteller: ability to bring insights to life to wider commercial team
- Sound communication skills and an excellent team player.
- The ideal candidate will shows a sense of curiosity – asks why and doesn’t take things at face value. They show a real passion for making sense of multiple data sources and have a proven history of driving opportunities through insight.
- Professional, challenging, open and honest with a ‘can do’ attitude.
For a full brief or to apply for this role, please click the “Apply” button below.