Category Development Manager Grocery Account
- To deliver the Heineken category strategy in a defined customer or sub-channel
- To deliver the Heineken range and merchandising strategy in a defined customer or sub-channel
- To work with the central Heineken category team to ensure customer and shopper dynamics are utilised as part of the Heineken category strategy
- To work with trading teams to drive promotional effectiveness within a defined customer or sub-channel
- Experience in FMCG category development roles essential
What kind of responsibilities will I have?
- Develop critical category business questions with the customer to stimulate relevant research
- Maximise application of customer & shopper insights and trends
- Develop Category Tactics (Price, Promotions, Range Optimisation, Merchandising)
- Representing customer needs internally, ensuring alignment of Customer & Category strategy
- Develop for key customers specific category strategies and tactics
- Engage in multi level customer contact strategy to embed category expertise agenda
- Deliver Category Performance Reviews with trade
- Lead strategy into action reviews with customer teams
- Represent category agenda at joint customer planning days
- Base / Category Health
- Monitoring brand / category in terms of key customer measures (listings, distribution, OOS)
- Resolve trade-offs between supply and demand ongoing
- Maximise synergies between operational and communications / activity plan with customer marketing
New Product Development (NPD)
- Be the lead person on the Heineken UK cross functional innovation team
- Be the lead person from a customer point of view on the NPD project team
- Management of customer team commitment to future NPD
- Lead external NPD trade release process within agreed external time frames
- Ensure retailer range reviews timings are fed into 8Q plan
- Champion and write customer/ competitor/category selling stories
Promotions & Pricing
- Develop and implement pricing & promotional strategy & tactics to support the Category Strategy
- Support category commercial manager in financial (ROI) pre & post evaluation of promotions and amend promotional strategy and make any tactical changes as required.
- Oversee collation of competitor information and feed in to Company Strategy Process Team
- Understand competitor trading strategies by customer and lead co-ordination of response plan
About HEINEKEN globally and in the UK
At HEINEKEN in the UK our success absolutely depends on the great people who work for us. That’s why we’re committed to providing jobs and careers that are enjoyable and challenging, in an environment built on fairness and respect. In short, we want to make HEINEKEN a great place to work.
As the UK’s leading Cider and Beer business, we’re also passionate about our fantastic brands including Foster's, Heineken®, Strongbow, Kronenbourg 1664, John Smith's and Bulmers plus a wide range of speciality brands. We employ around 2,300 people across the country, as well as owning around 1,300 pubs through our Star Pubs & Bars business.
HEINEKEN in the UK is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.