Director – Board-level Marketing, Communications and Fundraising
Do you have an impressive track record at senior level in engagement, marketing, communications and charity fundraising? Are you an accomplished strategist and communicator? Would you like the freedom and autonomy to make a lasting impact with a national charity? If so, this newly-created role with SSAFA will definitely interest you.
At SSAFA we’ve been providing lifelong support to our Forces, their families and veterans for over 125 years. Today, we help thousands of people in hundreds of different ways. With ambitious plans to expand our services, it’s an exciting time of change for us. But this makes it even more important to maximise our income and engage effectively with volunteers, staff and partner organisations. That’s where you come in.
Joining us as a Director at Board level, you’ll:
- Develop and implement a unified strategy for the formerly separate areas of Marketing & Communications and Fundraising
- Develop and manage relationships with key donors and external stakeholders
- Co-ordinate all marketing, press and PR activities
- Regularly review and develop potential new income streams
- Line manage our Communications & Marketing and Fundraising teams, developing KPIs for all team members
- Benchmark our Fundraising and Communications performance against other organisations, while looking to introduce new, creative and sector-leading approaches
To succeed you will need to demonstrate significant senior management experience in engagement, communications and charity fundraising. In addition you’ll need:
- Proven marketing expertise
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to lead, inspire, empower and motivate others
- The ability to think and act strategically
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector
- Experience of managing complex projects and large budgets
For an informal discussion, please contact, David Murray, Controller on 020 7463 9205.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (no more than two pages) by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.
Closing date for applications is 30th April 2013
Interviews will be held in mid May 2013.
SSAFA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure Service.
Registered Charity Numbers: 210760 (England and Wales) SC038056 (Scotland). Established 1885