Technical Team Lead
aia worldwide (www.aia.co.uk) is the EMEA headquarters of the global, technology-enabled talent acquisition company, TMP Worldwide LLC. We lead the industry in developing new creative solutions, strategies and technologies to revolutionise the way our clients attract, engage and retain the best people. We combine local expertise and global resources. Since January 2009, we have been part of the world’s largest global network when we became a wholly-owned subsidiary of TMP Worldwide Advertising & Communications, LLC*. Our clients include some of the most significant organisations in finance, retail, industry, technology, healthcare and professional services.
We're seeking an experienced technical lead to be responsible for the successful execution of technology projects. You'll work in collaboration with creative, UX, project management and client service teams to deliver digital solutions that bring our clients' solutions to life .This is a hands-on role intended to lead development and ensure the quality of work done at the agency, while helping the team use emerging web technologies to grow the agency's capabilities.
- Technical Development and Management: Manage day-to-day development, guiding overall development progress towards successful deliverables including:
- Manage, grow and mentor the technology team.
- Architecting technical components for project solutions.
- Leading development team in problem solving to meet project goals.
- Writing application code.
- Conducting code reviews.
- Leading functional, load and security testing.
- Technical Support: Ongoing management of live sites/systems including:
- Managing hosting environments provided by the firm for clients.
- Monitoring sites for uptime, performance and errors.
- Troubleshooting client and consumer reported issues.
- Research and provide technical solutions to solve online communications, business strategy and program needs for clients and prospects.
- Evaluate potential 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure that development follows functional specifications and meets current industry standards as well as agency and client best practices.
- Agree appropriate development resourcing for digital projects and identify any freelance requirements.
- Assist developers and project managers in developing accurate estimates for projects.
- Work with the Account Handling/Digital Strategy teams and Senior Digital Project Manager to define the agency's digital brief and recommend the most appropriate technical solution.
- Write detailed technical descriptions of system configuration requirements, technology interdependencies and scripting recommendations to support the creation of the functional specification for inclusion in the Scope of Work (SOW) document.
- UX/creative interaction TBD.
- Technology Expertise:
- Experience and comfort in presenting complex ideas to large, diverse groups.
- Experience in both development and tech lead roles.
- Experience administering subversion and git code repositories, and supporting developers in workflows.
- Passionately curious about web and emerging technology trends and their application.
- Strong grasp of web technologies and architectural principles necessary for designing scalable, extensible and maintainable web applications and services using a combination of server-side, database, caching and CDN solutions.
- Hands-on development skills with:
- PHP, including Drupal or MVC approach and frameworks such as CodeIgnighter or Zend.
- ASP .NET 4.0 and ASP.NET MVC frameworks.
- HTML/CSS practices that support responsive design, progressive enhancement, SEO best practices and both desktop and mobile web.
- SQL and NO SQL database design and administration.
- Experience with social APIs and best practices for implementing, specifically: Facebook REST and JS APIs, Open Graph and Twitter.
- Experience in using cloud-based CDN and hosting products e.g Rackspace, Amazon or Heroku.
- Experience with administering Linux-based web hosting, specifically:
- Ubuntu and RHEL.
- Advanced Apache and Nginx configuration and management.
- package management.
- securing servers.
- MySQL and popular No SQL databases.
- Memcached or Redis.
- IIS 7.5 configuration.
- MS SQL Server 2012.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft web stack covering:
- An understanding of web security issues and the ability to deploy and enforce current industry best practice (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
Click on the 'Apply now' button to submit your application.