Assistant Directors - East of England and East Midlands
The CBI’s Member relations teams around the country have the front line responsibility for the CBI’s membership and profile in the respective region including both the retention and engagement of existing members and the recruitment of new companies.
The account management teams have geographical responsibilities although increasingly these span conventional regional boundaries and are also increasingly focussed on sector specialisms or broader CBI project work.
We currently have two vacancies for Assistant Directors. One with responsibility across our Eastern and parts of our East Midlands regions and likely to be based out of our Newmarket office. The other with responsibilities for members and targets across the broader South East and based out of our headquarters at Centre Point.
Both these roles will report to the respective Regional Directors
- To manage the relationship with a portfolio of member companies to ensure that the CBI understands what they want from their membership, that they are satisfied with the relationship, and that CBI policy, both nationally and regionally, reflects their concerns. The Assistant Director will be required to establish relationships at a senior level with members.
- To identify recruitment opportunities among current non- member companies and engage in the subsequent recruitment process.
- Develop a good understanding of those issues impacting on the competitiveness of CBI member companies and be able to articulate how the CBI can influence these policies to the benefit of our members.
- The relationship managers are the eyes and ears of the CBI, it is the job of the Assistant Director to ensure that the CBI is gathering market intelligence and providing that to appropriate colleagues to inform and shape policy.
- Effectively communicating CBI policy positions and strategy to members, non-members, regional decision makers, and the media and by doing so ensuring a high CBI profile in the region.
- Supporting the team in developing and running a calendar of member engagement events ranging from small networking functions to more formal seminars and black tie dinners.
- To develop programmes for visits of senior HQ based colleagues including the Director General and Management board Directors
- Level of retention of existing members according to an annual target and positive relationships with member companies from their perspective.
- Level of senior engagement in member companies.
- Level of recruitment of new members according to an annual target.
- Quality and level of engagement generated through the calendar of events in the Region
- Generation of commercial income and enhancement of relationships with members from CBI events.
- Maintenance of the CBI’s profile and authority within the Region
The CBI Member Relations Directorate comprises the 12 offices around the UK, including Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland and a London team which as well as servicing and supporting the CBI’s London based members , which includes many of the FTSE 100 and large multinational Companies, also has a market growth and member development function . It is jointly managed by two Management Board Directors .
Direct Reports: N/A
Financial Budget: N/A
Internal Contacts: Regional colleagues, operational and resources colleagues in Centre Point and policy specialists across the Policy Cluster
External Contacts: Senior level business people, related stakeholders across the business community and the media.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Relevant degree/professional qualification or equivalent
- Experience in an account management field dealing with senior business people
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of account management
- Understanding of the economic, social and other pressures on business
The practical actions required in order to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Relevant business background
- Understanding of sales and marketing from a business to business context
- IT literate and willingness to learn new systems
- Willingness to perform most of his/her own administrative work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – particularly to anticipate and gauge customer reaction in order to achieve a positive outcome for all.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Possess sound judgement on membership issues
- First class networking skills
- Ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Clean driving license
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.
More jobs like this
- Senior Management / Board / CEO B2C Project Management Client Side / In-house jobs in East Midlands Region
- Senior Management / Board / CEO B2C Project Management Charity jobs in East Midlands Region
- Senior Management / Board / CEO B2C Project Management Government / Public Sector jobs in East Midlands Region
- Senior Management / Board / CEO B2C Project Management Professional Services jobs in East Midlands Region