Head of Marketing
General description of role
To lead the marketing of our client's products and services ensuring successful development, delivery and uptake. To have a commercial understanding of the performance of the brands and to understand the complete marketing mix. Takes overall responsibility for the profile of our client's commercial activity across the sector.
- Development and delivery of our client's brand and marketing strategies for the whole portfolio building our client’s reputation in a dynamic market
- Management and inspirational leadership of the team
- Leadership of the creation, development and management of brand and marketing initiatives and plans
- Working at a strategic level building relationships within the industry and amongst key stakeholders
- Leadership and overview of management of full market lifecycle of our client’s products and services: definition of target markets; identification of key end customer needs; development of core marketing messages; through to production of sales packages that enables channels to grow their business.
- Through the team ensure outstanding execution of marketing activities to support brand plans
- Manage the budget for brand initiatives
- Working on other key projects on an ad hoc basis
- Positively communicates company visions, values, priorities and targets
- Ensure the integrity of the our client’s brand is maintained and the stakeholder teams are kept informed of our client’s commercial programme
- Ensures that team members are professionally reviewed and that reviews are an accurate reflection of performance and that meaningful targets are set.
- Give regular feedback to team, affirming and celebrating good practice and conversely addressing and managing areas of under performance
- Coach, motivate & develop individuals/teams.
- Mediate the prompt resolution of disputes or grievance – where necessary involving HR.
- A professional role model for the company
- A strong organised and inspirational leader capable of leading by example and setting direction that others want to follow.
- Works effectively as ‘part of the Company team’, communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally
- Works effectively as part of a department team, recognises areas where support is required and offers assistance
- Is flexible and adaptable in approach
- Takes an active role in personal development and frequently reviews individual objectives and attends training sessions as required
- Professionally manages customer communications
- Professionally manages workload and conflicting priorities
- Able to effectively problem solve and use initiative
Outputs and deliverables
- Product marketing roadmap for our client's products and services
- Creative product marketing plans and successful marketing initiatives to drive growth and uptake of our client's products and services
- Enhanced brand management function
- Understanding of immediate operational priorities alongside a strategic 3-5 year view
- Accomplished people manager and inspirational leader
- Demonstrable time and budget management capabilities
- Understanding external stakeholder relationships and developing these
- Trustworthiness earned through the delivery of results and smart thinking
- A key influencer at senior level
Background and profile
- A creative thinker with B2B Brand Marketing experience within the IT and/or Telecommunications software sector operating in a channel environment
- Experience of managing a team of brand marketing professionals
- Strong ability to prioritise, manage expectations, plan and resource projects
- Good understanding of technology and Internet marketplace
- Effective communication and presentation skills that persuade and influence channels and internal marketing teams
- Degree education, with relevant degree and/or professional marketing qualification
- Track record of successful marketing career
- Innovative and creative
- Excellent organisational and project management abilities
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Able to analyse data and formulate plans
- Professional and highly credible
- Focus on attention to detail
About Cadence Partners
We are a committed, energetic and responsive team of executive recruiters from diverse backgrounds.