England Hockey (EH) is the National Governing Body for the sport of Hockey. EH has income and expenditure of circa £9m p.a. It is responsible for the management and development of the sport from grass roots to elite activities.
Reporting to the Commercial and Membership Director, the Partnerships Manager will provide and ensure the timely and high quality provision of marketing services for England Hockey’s Commercial Partners. With responsibility for co-ordinating rights delivery in a manner that fully promotes the England Hockey brand, identifies new innovative opportunities, generates income and delivers high levels of Partner confidence and satisfaction.
In conjunction with the Commercial and Membership Director, the Partnerships Manager will be required to embed operational excellence and drive continuous improvement initiatives within the Commercial Team.
The Partnerships Manager will report to the Commercial and Membership Director.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively deliver rights all year round
- Obtain detailed knowledge of all existing rights, working with the Business Development Manager to ensure new commercial partners can be effectively assimilated into the Partner programme
- Liaise with the Communications, Events and Marketing Teams, as well as others in the business, to ensure rights are delivered across the business and that the Partner’s benefits are maximised
- Liaise with clients on implementation and growth of sponsorship via regular communications and meeting
- Work creatively to add value to Partner packages and bring alive rights for mutual benefit
- Generate secondary spend from Partners by developing and selling in mutually beneficial proposals
- Manage Partner related matchday accreditation and ticketing
- Support the Business Development Manager with The 1908 Club, England Hockey’s business club, to ensure sponsor members’ benefits are delivered and to reduce churn
- Support the Business Development Manager to ensure quality VIP experiences at England Hockey matches and events
- Lead on and leverage external Partner relationships at a National level with both public and private sector organisations such as Community Partners and Commercial Sports operators to influence the delivery of participation targets and grow the England Hockey brand
- Manage an annual partners event to engender a community spirit amongst England Hockey Partners
- Maintain comprehensive records and administration of partnerships
- Ensure that all invoices are sent to each Partner on time and paid up
- Produce annual report of sponsor activity
- Attend all major match and event days
- Any other reasonable management requests
The Partnerships Manager must demonstrate the behaviour and values of EH staff:
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Graduate level or equivalent
- Proven experience of working in a sponsorship environment and the ability to demonstrate knowledge of rights delivery
- Proven track record of successful account management experience
- Good understanding of the marketing and communications mix to be able to deliver partner rights proficiently
- Experience of successfully managing relationships at a senior level both internally and externally
- Evidence of a resilient, tenacious and action orientated approach, focused on achieving successful outcomes
- An understanding of hockey and a general passion for sport
- Experience of working in sports marketing is highly desirable
Skills and Abilities
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to positively influence clients and colleagues
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to work cross functionally across the business
- Commercial acumen with the ability to think laterally and seek out new opportunities
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proactive project management and planning skills, with excellent attention to detail and high standards
- A results-orientated mentality
- An ambitious attitude to career development.
- Evidence of creative thinking and an innovative approach to meeting challenges
- Ability to forge strong relationships and a team player
- Ability to think strategically but with a preparedness to muck in
- Proficient at MS Office or equivalent packages
This job description is not intended to be regarded as inclusive or exhaustive and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation. All staff will be expected to work at our major events.