Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Web Application Developer
A key strategic priority is the roll out of a new web based platform that allows internal and external clients to access content through rich web applications. The platform will be used by across all divisions to deliver to their clients across desktop and mobile. The team is looking for an experienced front end / web application developer with a wide range of client, server and web experience to deliver the web application pipeline.
- Interact with other developers and business units to design and implement new features
- Focus on writing documented, tested and easily-maintainable code that can scale across the organisation.
Senior Web Application Developer requires:
- Some experience of distributed systems and building scalability into a website (e.g. concurrency/messaging systems such as Akka and RabbitMQ
- At least 4 years professional C# or Java programming experience
- Experience of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and the design principles behind them
- Have in-depth understanding of object-oriented principles and design concepts as well as the ability to apply them in solving real problems.
- Understand and be prepared to deal with the challenges of working on a mission critical trading platform.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous financial experience and computer science background preferred
This role is London based.
Senior Web Application developer will join a London based, Tier 1, high profile Investment bank.
Negotiable package based on ability.
Your application will be reviewed by Michael Page. Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised & regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Please quote Michael Page reference when applying Job ref:MPBB13333575
Michael Page is a world leading recruitment consultancy.