Trade Marketing Manager
What’s new? What’s happening? What’s going on? It’s all here – a client with national distribution, and a presence with every retailer. This quality delivery has resulted in a major growth trend and due to this they need to strengthen their team by appointing an additional Marketing Executive to their current sales and marketing team.
The primary purpose of this role is to learn the necessary skills and undertake to provide market insights, information and below the line activity for our customers and shoppers.
Working within the team and reporting in the first instance to the Head of Sales, this person will work closely with and on behalf of many parts of the business. The aim is to supply information which will allow the sales team to make better commercial decisions, to build stronger relationships with customers and suppliers and to make compelling sales proposals.
* To act as source of industry and market data, data analysis and market understanding for all parts of the business in order to support better commercial decision-making and to allow the Sales and Marketing team to develop convincing sales proposals.
* To work in close cooperation with members of the Sales team to help them to develop their knowledge and understanding of the market and to help seek out market opportunities.
* To maintain and manage relationships with existing Point of Sales agencies, to understand the capabilities of other potential suppliers and to recommend accordingly.
* Pre and Post analysis of below the line activity and advise and recommend as appropriate.
* To work with information from current data suppliers and prepare regular market reports tailored to the needs of the business.
* To monitor in detail ranges of all key customers and significant competitors.
* To capture information from formal and informal sources and maintain a data library of this information.
Numerate and computer-literate:
* Able to handle and interpret market data and information.
* Proficient at using Excel. Experience of databases useful, though not essential as training can be arranged.
Always asking questions, keen to explore, watch and look for changes and new things within the market.
* A very strong communicator, in writing (reports and presentations) and face-to-face.
* Flexible, adaptable, proactive and always positive.
* A committed team player with a collaborative working style.
* A stickler for detail but also able to see the big picture.
* Self-motivated, able to work on own as well as with others.
* Ready to take on detailed store checks, spend time looking in detail at ranges and retailers.
* Marketing or business Graduate preferred, though the subject is of secondary importance.
* Full driving licence. A car would be useful (mileage will be paid for business-related use).