Sorry, this job is no longer available
Sales and Marketing Executive (print and digital media)
About Estetica Network
We are international publishing company with a head office in Turin, Italy and several satellite offices around the world, one of which is in Bloomsbury, London.
Established in 1946, we produce high-end, high quality professional periodicals, books and albums to the hair, beauty and fashion industries, our main sphere of activity being hairdressing.
We are the only truly international trade publication in the hairdressing industry, currently publishing 27 editions worldwide.
We produce very highly regarded publications within our industry and have long and close associations with the major manufacturers of hair products and equipment.
Our clients are professional hair product and equipment/furniture manufacturers, such as L'Oreal Professionnel, Procter & Gamble, Schwarzkopf, Goldwell, Aveda, Takara Belmont.
The New Role within Estetica
Based out of our Bloomsbury office, the role of the successful applicant will be:
- To maintain our existing portfolio of advertising clients, both in our printed publications and on our on-line digital platforms in the UK;
- To identify further revenue opportunities from within the existing portfolio of clients, both in our printed publications and on our on-line digital platforms in the UK;
- To identify potential new advertisers, make positive contact with them and build a relationship that leads to advertising sales;
- To build and maintain a strong positive rapport with current and potential clients both in our printed publications and on our on-line digital platforms in the UK;
- To provide a supportive role to our editorial team in terms of providing information and insight into clients' marketing objectives;
- To prepare and send out advertising proposals to clients and to document all meetings and provide regular progress reports on each client;
- To provide regular updates with contact information on any clients, agencies, distributors, key players, PRs etc. so it can be added to our distribution database;
- To attend industry events, shows press launches and meetings from a PR perspective – i.e. with the objective of building relationships with existing clients and seeking new sales opportunities.
- To work with the UK Editor to identify commercial opportunities using all Estetica's social media channels and update when necessary.
- To work with the marketing team in Turin to seek out marketing, branding and circulation opportunities for Estetica UK.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be self employed on a rolling annual contract;
He/she must be fluent in English and have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom;
He/she must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision; Ability to work from home as required.
He/she will have an interest and passion for the hair and beauty industry, preferably with some previous experience working in this industry;
He/she will be knowledgeable and experienced in activities relating to digital/new media and social networking;
Their interaction skills must go beyond hard-selling, but must also incorporate the ability to build long-term relationships with our clients;
He/she will be remunerated with a fixed annual salary of £24000 with OTE (On-Target Earnings) of circa £30,000 to £35,000pa. Reasonable travel expenses will be re-imbursed;
Hours per week to be discussed with candidate in accordance with previous experience and time management skills. Flexibility is necessary as occasionally it will be required for he/she to attend industry events in the evening or at weekends (approx. 5 - 10 times per annum).