Head of Editorial Compliance
The Telegraph Media Group has set the pace for change within the UK newspaper industry. We have successfully evolved into a multi-platform digital operation that continues to deliver the highest quality journalism, setting the global news agenda. This transformation means we remain ahead of our competition at the leading edge of the ever-changing media landscape.
As part of this change, we are looking to recruit a new Head of Editorial Compliance to sit within our Editorial Executive. This department deals with serious complaints and those which require legal expertise but in order to be compliant with the requirements of the new regulator, the Independent Press Standards Organisation, there needs to be a more comprehensive, centralised system embracing non-legal and legal complaints.
The purpose of the role is to oversee investigations and corrections of alleged violations of the corporation's ethical standards or non-compliance and monitor compliance complaints.
- Ensures policies and procedures for investigations of alleged violations of the company's ethical standards or non-compliance are followed, including internal governance practices and procedures.
- Conducts routine audits of Editorial departments to ensure compliance and manages process of correcting non-compliance and compliance gaps.
- Oversees and manages the appropriate responses to complaints, in line with the Editors' Code and Regulations, recommending corrective actions and proactive measures.
- Assigning investigations appropriately. Dealing with staffing issues - day to day problems, paperwork for any changes etc.
- Identification of synergies and improvement opportunities in the Editorial arena.
- Act openly and co-operatively towards the Regulator.
- Abiding by the Regulator's decisions and requirements, including producing an annual statement to the Regulator and reporting annually to the Regulator as required.
- Advising reporters as requested on the application of the Code and editorial legal issues
You will need:
- Strong working knowledge of audit compliance and regulations within the media industry.
- Strong experience of managing multiple projects.
- Proficient knowledge of working with compliance tools and systems.
- Experience in the media industry, preferably with a background in journalism.
You will receive:
- Excellent salary
- BUPA membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, rising to 30 days after three years
- Free membership to our on-site gym
If you are interested please apply by 24th January 2014.
About Telegraph Media Group
The Telegraph Media Group has set the pace for change within the UK newspaper industry. We have successfully evolved into a multi-platform digital operation that continues to deliver the highest quality journalism, setting the global news agenda.