Sorry, this job is no longer available
Netmums Web Editor
We’re looking for two experienced full time Web Editors to join the Netmums team. Netmums is the UK’s biggest parenting web site and this is a unique opportunity based in our offices near Great Portland Street tube station in London.
- Great communication skills, including written communication
- Good understanding of web page design and Search Engine Optimisation
- Ability to use tools to monitor performance of the website
- Skilled at planning and prioritising of work
- Good attention to detail
- Confidence with photo-editing
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
You will have a working and practical knowledge of web editing for a large website with excellent writing and editing skills. The right person for the role will:
- Have experience of using a Content Management System;
- Be able to demonstrate ability to write in a clear and friendly style;
- Have a practical understanding of SEO and its implications in an editorial environment;
- An understanding of the importance of navigation and website architecture;
- Have an eye for picture editing and confidence in using software such as Photoshop to manipulate images;
- Ideally, have experience of delving into Google Analytics and other web tools to monitor progress and be able to confidently create reports.
You will have excellent attention to detail, teamwork skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. You’ll know what’s going on in the digital world, spotting new trends and concepts. You’ll know what matters to parents, what the latest research is saying and understand the trials, tribulations and joys of family life.
You will have responsibility for certain content sections of the Netmums site based on your experience and skills.
- Planning and managing your content sections in order to maximise their use by parents visiting the site
- Monitoring and reporting on progress
- Creation of timely new content including making sure it’s proofed, linked up and promoted
- Updating and improving on existing content
- Liaising with other team members who manage social media and internal and external communication
- Proofing other team members work
Potentially additional project management eg Netmums Bloggers Network, YouTube channel, Netmums Forum liaison tbc
Hours & salary
£20-25k is available for the right person. The role is full time although there is a degree of flexibility with start/finish times in order to fit into family life.
How to apply
Please email your CV to email@example.com or click the red APPLY NOW button along with a brief explanation explaining why you think you’d be perfect for the role. Please also provide two work referees.
Closing date for applications 29th January 2014 with interviews on 6/7th February.