Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Use your creativity and technical know-how to bring the potential of the Land Registry’s digital activity to a wider audience.
We need you to lead the strategic planning, delivery, and evaluation of all digital marketing and communications activity across Land Registry. This is a chance to put yourself on the map as you manage our digital and social presence.
You’ll ideally bring editing, copywriting, and project management experience together with a marketing qualification, though the right instinct and perspective is critical.
You’ll definitely need an understanding of current and developing digital technologies and a keen interest in emerging technologies.
Your specialities will include social media in b2b and b2c environments, digital best practice and implementation and the ability to lead a team and work strategically and collaboratively across the business. Skilled in both planning and delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns, you will bring an understanding of both the mechanics of engaging external audiences through digital and social channels as well as strategic leadership.
Further details: This role is responsible for the strategic planning, team management, delivery and evaluation of all digital marketing and communications activity across Land Registry. The role responsibilities include developing and managing Land Registry’s digital presence (website, social media) to develop its online presence to support Land Registry business and customer strategy whilst working with GDS and BIS to migrate to Gov.uk. The role will provide specialist professional skills to support delivery corporate objectives including the further digitisation of Land Registry services, raising the profile of digital communications and its value in helping to maximise business opportunities.
Strategy and planning
• Develop the digital marketing strategy (including social media) for Land Registry
• Segment audience to create digital marketing plans and deliver communications through most appropriate channels
• Devise digital & social media evaluation strategy and methodology
• Plan the annual digital budget requirements
• Advise and persuade internal customers about best practice in digital & social media communication, educating and disseminating the opportunities and advantages of all available digital channels
• Provide creative and editorial direction, leading on online execution of the Land Registry brand and house style
• Identify key media trends/emerging marketing channels and their impact on customers and government communications
• Advise on the propriety of communications issues, as a senior professional government communication network adviser
Internal customer relations
• Help internal customers to define communication needs and identify most effective digital (including social media) communication methods, channels and presentation
• Engage relevant stakeholders early in the development process
• Liaise with the internal communications team to ensure consistent messaging and approach
Essential Job Specific Criteria:
• Excellent understanding of current digital (including social) technologies and production tools, and a keen interest in emerging technologies (including mobile and other devices)
• Knowledge of digital best practice (design, navigation, content), the management and structuring of content.
• Knowledge & understanding of underlying technologies & associated accessibility considerations
• Experience in the development and implementation of digital and social media brand strategy
• Experience of digital & social communication planning and delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns, digital evaluation techniques and a proven track record of delivery
• Experience of challenge and support to drive innovation, looking beyond the tried and tested and immediate issues and ensuring flexibility and responsiveness in changes
• Appointing and contract managing external suppliers
• Budget management
• Leadership and stakeholder management
• Corporate experience & managing internal stakeholders
For further information on this post please contact Katie Gordon-Smith on 0300 00 67393.