Business Development Director
Our client is a global company with an incredible brand which sees them lead the way across multiple areas. The company’s media proposition is unique and sees them lead the market with a network of incredible direct client relationships. They offer a unique targeting proposition which puts them at the top of their clients marketing proposals and they have a successful team in place to drive this direct client proposition.
As part of their commercial development they are now seeking a Business Development Director to establish and drive a new department which will now focus on the media agency market. The aim of this department is to roll out their offering to agencies and demonstrate how this unique proposition can complement other media channels.
As a Business Development Director you will take a lead on the strategic development of the new department while being at the forefront of inspiring colleagues as part of the senior management team. Therefore this is a unique position requiring a diverse skill set covering a combination of analytical and creative thinking and a proven success of managing a team.
This experience will enable the company to evolve new sales propositions and business process delivering a new approach to business development.
Strategy and Innovation
Responsible for translating innovation strategies into a new business sales plan to maximise sales and operating profit. To work collaboratively to ensure the sales plan supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Actively lead, develop and maintain client and agency relationships to ensure ongoing working partnerships are forged to optimise new business opportunities. Network within the industry and build relationships with senior influencers and decision makers. Communicate the business as an industry leader and innovator and promote the products to drive business growth.
Attend industry events and provide hospitality at a senior level to facilitate networking.
Work across all Departments to ensure business development initiatives are met via a proactive and collaborative approach.
Strategic Management, direction and development
• Through strategy sessions, sales meetings, and ad hoc research, develop the strategies into a business development sales plan with measurable results
• Recruit, manage and nurture a business development sales team
• Implement the business development sales plan
• Develop new initiatives to support best practice and generate margin
• Drive revenue growth - initially through personal sales activity and in due course through leadership of the Business Development sales team
• Work closely with other senior management personnel to provide thought provocation in relation to sales propositions and new product development plans
• Creatively respond to media briefs with persuasive arguments and ideas
• Through research, trade press, attendance of industry events and networking keep up to date with media trends, competitor activity and leading client strategies
• Participate in industry events such as forums, seminars and conferences
• Define new business growth objectives and identify new markets
To be considered for this role you will have:
• Substantial mainstream ATL media sales experience within a comparable media, eg. TV, Radio, Consumer Magazines, National Press, OOH.
• Successful track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets and generating a pipeline of new business leads having worked with leading UK media agencies
• Familiarity with current media metrics, audience measurement platforms and media research / consumer targeting tools
• Ability to construct and deliver strategic planning sales presentations to media agencies and marketing departments
• Strategic thinker – able to translate complex data and information into compelling and relevant propositions
• Problem solving skills – able to think laterally and support a sales team with ideas to unlock opportunities
• Highly developed negotiation skills - understanding buyer behaviour to effectively overcome objections
• Leadership / People Management skills – set goals and objectives, prioritise, work with individuals of varying skill sets and experience to develop their talent
• Strong network of senior agency / client contacts
The position offers exceptional scope for personal and department development and you will be working with a network of hugely inspirational senior personnel. You will be given considerable autonomy in the role and fully supported in your role with solid plans for ongoing development. You will also be given the chance to demonstrate your commercial business development skills beyond just front line sales and the unique offering the company has will be truly ground breaking for your career.
- 15 January 2014
- 15 February 2014
- Agency, Direct Marketing Agency, Integrated Agency, Media Agency, Sponsorship Agency, Strategy / Innovation / Insight, Client Side / In-house, Media Owner
- Account / Strategic Planning, Account Management, Business Development, Direct Marketing, Media Planning / Buying, Sales, Trade / Customer Marketing
- Full Time
- Contract Type
More jobs like this
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Trade / Customer Marketing Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Trade / Customer Marketing Direct Marketing Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Trade / Customer Marketing Integrated Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Trade / Customer Marketing Media Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Trade / Customer Marketing Sponsorship Agency jobs in London (West)