Senior Group Product & Marketing Director - B2B Enterprise
About the Client
Highly progressive international Telco/ Mobility leader
About the Role
Operating at the highest level internationally you will develop B2B Product & Marketing strategy, leading teams to develop and deploy telecommunications and IT products for the Enterprise/B2B market covering all segments from MNC to corporate to SME to micro business with a near term focus on Mobile Data and M2M - this will develop to a fuller portfolio of mobile, fixed and unified communications over time, eventually adding IT products and services.
You'll lead Product teams to develop a leading portfolio of products and services from infancy - you'll need the mobile B2B know how to build the group proposition and then advise all of the operating company CEOs about go to market strategy.
You'll also lead Marketing teams to drive lead generation - building B2B brand identity, positioning, thought leadership, analyst and investor programmes to shape opinion, segmentation, marketing/ go to market strategy, end user & channel marketing, customer value management, propositions and demand generation through to sales pipeline to rapidly grow sales across diverse international markets.
The client is investing significantly to grow its B2B Enterprise business from scratch thus presenting a "start up" opportunity - critical to this strategy is the creation of Group B2B Marketing to create an identity in business segments.
- Define clear strategies for propositions, portfolio management, product development, pricing and deployment via Operating Companies. Close collaboration with group technology required.
- Eliminate duplication of product development across the markets and establish centres of excellence within markets for ‘group wide’ platform developments
- Developing and execute Enterprise Marketing programmes across international markets covering all segments from MNC to micro business
- Develop B2B messaging across markets including case studies and thought leadership to present to customers, industry analysts and partners
- Develop clear and consistent differentiated messages for all B2B customers providing markets with clear guidelines
- Establish the brand as a leader in business mobile and total communications with case studies and thought leadership materials
- Develop Group Customer Value Management (CVM) practice to analyse internal data to understand and calculate customer value to incorporate into sales processes
- Develop digital marketing programmes and consistently track success
- Ensure international markets communications align with group messaging and go to market strategy
- Manage joint marketing programmes as the B2B portfolio expands to include partner products
- Grow relationships with industry opinion formers, e.g. Gartner, IDC, Forester to increase visibility as a B2B solutions provider
What We’re Looking For
This is a very senior, high profile role within a rapidly growing entrepreneurial market leader - requiring extensive experience delivering Enterprise Product and also Marketing strategy internationally and the client is keen to only consider exceptional talent from very specific Enterprise class Mobile Operator backgrounds with the following experience:
- Significant VP level B2B Enterprise/ SMB Product and also Marketing experience from Telco/ Operator or Fixed Line Telecommunications backgrounds
- Direct experience managing Mobile Product and Service development teams
- Direct experience managing a portfolio of products in both mobile and fixed line and coordinating deployment across multiple geographies
- Track record developing market leading products, especially for the SME and Soho market segments. Large scale corporate solution development experience is also helpful.
- Experience in all elements of Mobile Voice and Data, Fixed Voice and Data, Hosting/Cloud Services and Unified Communications
- International experience essential ideally with experience in emerging markets and Middle East
- Strong track record of people leadership and working in a Group/ international matrix
- Strong influencing/ communications skills
- Experience developing marketing collateral for central knowledge management platforms i.e. case studies, whitepapers, analyst positioning content and competitor insight
- Expertise also in digital marketing channels and programmes for demand generation
- Track record building and managing analytics and customer value management systems
- Ability to integrate and drive wider business mobility value propositions
- Managed co-marketing programs with partners
- Understanding of B2B industry analysts and experience working with them
About the Offer
c£200,000 + exec package + relocation