ACCOUNT DIRECTOR – Creative London Agency – MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k
Truly INTEGRATED, INDEPENDENT marketing communications agency with 150+ talented people is looking for a hands on ACCOUNT DIRECTOR to oversee, develop and unleash the fantastic potential of a well-known mobile phone brand within social media.
Reporting directly to the Group Account Director in your role as Account Director you will be a key player within this retained team. The agency’s remit covers strategy to execution: from developing a UK marketing plan to creating all brand comms including ATL, digital & brand experience as well managing conversations and content across social media platforms.
The brand work covers working with some global assets and adapting them for the UK market as well creating local campaigns. Campaigns include new product launches, activating sponsorship properties and equity building brand engagement activity. Social media is increasingly at the heart of the brand and the agency are developing their social media strategy and the management and execution of this across a number of social media platforms
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop & oversee the management and execution of our UK social media strategy
- Building relationships with key day to day contacts including UK head of social & PR as well as wider marketing team
- Work closely alongside the planning, social and creative teams:
- Contributing to the social strategy alongside planning, including developing platform specific publishing strategies as well as responsibility for bringing the strategy to life across social
- Turn social insights into creative briefs & client proposals
- Making recommendations and generating ideas as well as sharing knowledge and insight to aid in overall idea generation
- Working closely with the community management team on managing real time conversations & campaign support
- A sense of how to measure success within social media and an appreciation of reporting, KPIs & measurement
- Keeping up to date with best practice on all the major (and emerging) social media platforms and forging relationships with the brand’s contacts within Facebook, Twitter, Google etc.
- Working collaboratively within the client all agency team forging good working relationships with media, PR & retail agency
- Building & developing our portfolio to meet agency financial targets
- Solid Account Director background within large agency desired, working across blue chip clients with experience of working on a social media account including always on conversation as well as brand campaigns or social within a wider brand comms account
- Ideally with telco experience, although not a necessity
- A passion for social media with a thorough understanding of where social media fits within the brand story
- Ability to take a strategic approach, comfortable driving this as well as working alongside agency planning team
- Continually turning insights into client proposals and creative briefs, seeing opportunities everywhere, comfortable writing and critiquing proposals & agency responses
- Commercially driven with the ability to grow an account in terms of remit and GP
- Live and breathe world class client service, with experience of managing direct report
- Extensive knowledge of client’s industry & general marketing industry, continually feeding oneself with the latest trends, news and knowledge
- Understands the social media universe and how brands operate within it, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Forums, Wikis, Pinterest, blogs, etc.
If this Account Director role sounds like you then please send your CV today and we can chat further about this exciting new opportunity.
Or if you'd like to speak to me about other roles including Senior Account Managers, Account Directors, Senior Account Directors and Planners then get in touch.