Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations
POSITION TITLE: HEAD OF STRATEGY, INSIGHT & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY, BRAND & COMMUNICATIONS
CONTRACT: MATERNITY COVER (9-12 MONTHS)
SALARY: COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS
LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE
London & Partners is the official promotional organisation for London. We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
We promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners. We work to attract overseas companies, events, students and visitors to the capital, in order to build London’s reputation and create additional jobs and economic growth for the city.
Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
Purpose of role
As Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations you will lead a team responsible for the delivery of insight and intelligence across the business and coordination of corporate stakeholder engagement. Our business spans five major sectors: leisure tourism, business tourism, major events, foreign direct investment and higher education.
The intelligence and insight required spans primary research to generate new insight about London and our audiences; secondary research to provide up to date intelligence in response to internal, client and partner requirements; and effective measurement of our performance and economic impact across the business. You will also take the lead on coordinating our annual business planning process.
We have a complex stakeholder landscape with a wide range of stakeholders, influencers and partners who are critical to the organisation’s success. Partnership working is crucial to our success; extending our reach by aligning our activities with those of the Mayor, national government and relevant organisations. Here you will work with the Executive team to help to strengthen existing relationships and develop new ones which can help us deliver our objectives.
You will lead and manage a skilled team of specialists in research and insight, stakeholder relations and business performance analysis, including 3 Market Analysts, 1 Senior Insight Manager, 1 Public Affairs Manager and 1 Economist/Business Performance Analyst.
- Provide leadership and support to the team of researchers, analysts and managers detailed above
- Manage the team budget to demonstrate return on investment
- Lead the annual business planning cycle, ensuring it is informed by the views of external stakeholders and reflects internal alignment
- Take a lead role on the drafting and editing of the final business plan
Business performance measurement
- With the support of our in-house economist, ensure that London & Partners maintains and develops its world class economic performance evaluation framework
- Analyse internal performance to inform investment and prioritisation decisions
Market intelligence and sector propositions
- Ensure the provision of timely, accurate and compelling insight on target markets and about the market in London
- Develop and maintain sector propositions which show clearly what London’s strengths and selling points are across a range of sectors
Market and audience insight
- Carry out and commission primary research which results in valuable new insights about London’s strengths and weaknesses, and the attitudes and behaviours of our target audiences
- Ensure this insight is shared and used to help inform business decision making and to strengthen London & Partners’ reputation as a thought leader on London
- Champion best practice in knowledge sharing across the organisation and ensure that the team’s resources and outputs are effectively presented and shared
- Oversee and help to coordinate the company’s interactions with its priority stakeholders, working closely with the CEO and Exec team
- Build relationships with priority stakeholders and identify opportunities to align their goals with those of L&P and to identify new ways of working together
- Champion the use of CRM as a tool for capturing and tracking stakeholder interactions
- Director of Strategy, Brand & Communications
- Executive Group
- London & Partners’ strategic and commercial partners
- All priority stakeholders
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and a strong leader; a strategic and lateral thinker; an excellent communicator and influencer with the ability to engage credibly at a senior level. You will also have strong team skills and will be required to work with and across all of L&P’s directorates.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects
- Experience of leading strategic projects and/or of business planning
- Experience in overseeing or delivering research and insight projects
- Experience in stakeholder management, communication and/or client services roles
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent professional qualification
- Sound knowledge and insight into the London business, economic and promotional landscape would benefit the role-holder
- Experience of working in both the public and private sectors preferred
Skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills
- Ability to translate complex business objectives into simple, easy to understand messages and communications
Personal style and behaviour
- Committed to and passionate about London
- Articulate, dynamic, driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An effective and persuasive communicator
- 03 March 2014
- 16 March 2014
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations
- Agency, Market Research Agency, Media Agency, PR Agency, Sponsorship Agency, Strategy / Innovation / Insight, Client Side / In-house, Professional Services, Travel & Tourism
- Account / Strategic Planning, Analysis, CRM, Market Research, Project Management, Public Relations, Research
- Full Time
- Contract Type
About London & Partners
London & Partners is the official promotional organisation for London attracting and delivering value to businesses, students and visitors.
More jobs like this
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Research Agency jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Research Market Research Agency jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Research Media Agency jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Research PR Agency jobs in London (Central)
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Research Sponsorship Agency jobs in London (Central)