We are looking for an individual with a strong background in consumer technology, music or lifestyle PR to join our client’s PR and Marketing team.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate communicator who can turn creative ideas into compelling newsworthy content that is looking for a challenging role and ready to join a dynamic in-house team.
This role will have responsibility for PR related social media, media relations and management of selected product launches and events.
Key responsibilities include;
• Manage core social media programme across multiple channels working with the marketing team to ensure ROI and consistent messaging
• Maximise all seasonal opportunities for all types of press
• Manage the media relations calendar and top tier contacts database
• Devise and implement creative PR campaigns to increase lifestyle press coverage
• Proactive review and news placement for consumer electronics products across trade and consumer press
• Work with the Senior PR manager to implement product launches
• Pitch product USPs to press
• Write press communication materials including press releases, blog posts, product summaries, press fact sheets and pitch emails
• Regular independent face to face liaison with key journalists; ability to build relationships with core press
• Proactive management of product reviews programme and responsibility for continuously improving quantity and quality of UK press coverage with the help of the PR Assistant
• Leverage involvement in events & exhibitions for PR in the UK
• Liaise with external service suppliers (for cuttings, media monitoring, PR services etc.)
• Monitor competitors’ press results
• Self-driven, disciplined and able to work with minimal supervision self-driven, disciplined and able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent knowledge of the UK media, especially tech, gadget, music and lifestyle press
• Excellent communicator with ability to build and leverage relationships across all levels and both internally and externally with press and PR agencies
• Strong experience with and interest in social media
• Strong organisational and administration skills
• Confident and resourceful
• Highly organised with attention to detail
Blue Skies specialise in Marketing Recruitment covering Clientside, Account Handling, PR and Executive. We also have a specialist Creative Recruitment team. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.