This unique opportunity arises due to the incumbent moving internally to a new position. The business therefore has permanent headcount available for a new product marketer to join and manage a team of 3 product managers. In the role you will make strategic amendments to the existing portfolio, and work with internal teams assuring adherence to brand guidelines and assessing customer experience feedback when developing strategy and roadmaps for new products. The portfolio encompasses consumer savings products and associated services, but experience from any consumer financial products (card, loans, payments, accounts, mortgages or savings) will suffice. Team management experience is critical.
Responsible to regularly review product pricing and present pricing recommendations to the pricing committee for approval
- Current market position
- Current product strategy
- Detailed proposals to change current prices
Responsible for working closely with the Retail team to ensure product changes are compatible with the plan to evolve our future product portfolio
- Ensure all initiatives are aligned with brand values and principles
- Ensure all changes are assessed and agree with this time regarding likely impact
- Ensure that the emerging customer offer is appropriate in all regards
- Ensure wherever possible seek to advance longer term requirements into short term and tactical deployments
Responsible for contributing to the defined customer experience principles - ensuring product changes support and enhance the overall target model
- Work with the Customer experience team - building on their experience, guidance and principles.
Responsible to work closely with the Brand, Marcomms and Customer experience teams to establish the link between our product and service offer
- Ensure the way in which this is presented or marketed through every aspect of the customer interface.
Responsible to work with teams to ensure that changes to the offer are relevant and match the needs of our target customer segments
- Competitor intelligence team
- Leveraging New Product Development
- Work with the Business Insight - and other Retail teams - to refine and further develop our new Customer Segment proposition.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in product management and product and channel development. Ideally degree qualified in a marketing/ business discipline
- A strategic role with a customer strategy and development focus
- Experience in consumer-focused financial services and retail organisations would be beneficial
As we receive such a high volume of applications every day, regretfully, we are only able to respond to successful candidates who will be contacted within two working days. We wish you the best of luck with your search.
- A highly customer focussed individual with a proactive, 'can- do' attitude, with the drive, commitment and vision to enhance the customer offer to the market and deliver that vision throughout the business including strategic partners, adding value to all key stakeholders.
- Ability to understand customer value creation potential and value drivers.
- Have a deep understanding of customer needs, attitudes and behaviour.
- An ability to motivate, educate and empower immediate team.
- Ability to be able to 'think outside the box'.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
About EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment
In the UK, EMR has been synonymous with marketing since 1994; our vast experience has seen us place over 10,000 marketing, digital and communication professionals and counting.