Digital Communications Manager
Connected Consumer Manager
£50,000 - £60,000 plus CA + Benefits
One-off opportunity to join a global FMCG and take responsibility for developing and implementing the strategy behind staying ahead of the Connected Consumer across all touchpoints with a strong focus on innovation and multiscreen strategy.
The Connected Consumer Manager will put real people and technology at the core of everything they do. You will be responsible for ensuring that our brands act in the same way, leveraging the latest consumer trends to educate the marketing activities conducted and inspire a new way of thinking. You must have a strong grasp on how consumers interact with and utilise all main devices and provide structured POV’s on how to leverage to maximise business objectives and drive ROI.
We are looking for an expert on all things mobile and multiscreen who can demonstrate cross-functional leadership and measurably enhance the effectiveness of marketing across the portfolio.
The ideal candidate for this role will work within Emerging Platforms and technologies but invariably the biggest skill will be how to ensure what is delivered puts the consumer and the brand at the core.
As part of the Digital Team you’ll need to have:
• A deep passion for the consumer and knowledge of how digital drives across the entire ‘path to purchase’
• Strong business analysis skills with the ability to leverage the business and seek areas of disruption
• Robust understanding of the technology, digital marketing, and infrastructure underpinnings required for mobile and web.
• Highly developed expertise in business development and innovation, with a successful track record in leading product launches and securing key partnerships
• Strong ability to navigate across a Global Organization
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
• Development of Multiscreen Strategy, including but not limited to understanding how it fits with Comms Planning, Activation, and measurement
• Drive innovation and provide Strategic POVs on key trends to keep us ahead of the curve in the Mobile and Multiscreen space
• Understand how a multiscreen strategy and innovation work within the overall Brand Communications Strategy
• Working across teams to help develop measurement strategy that will offer the most robust insights to pay off brands communications objectives
• Create best practices for content utilisation in the multiscreen space
• Provide educational materials that can be used to cascade the Connected Consumer insights
• Development of key innovation initiatives with the Connected Consumer space, including but not limited to Gaming, Tablet, Video, TV extensions, Shopper etc.
• Drive enhanced thinking from our agency partners to help support innovate thinking within brand plans
• Establishing relationship with key partners in the Multiscreen space to determine opportunities for Joint Business Partnerships that drive results and keep us ahead of the curve
• Work closely with other comms and Brand teams to implement strategies
The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and quickly evolve into an industry expert for the organization as this role will set the stage for how to “raise the digital ceiling” for the US and across the Globe
• Self-motivated, highly flexible and takes the initiative to do what’s needed
• Internationally mobile – potential need to travel due to global nature of the business.
• Extensive relevant experience working at a leading brand/agency, preferably global.
• Solid understanding of digital content, communications and marketing principles.
• In-depth knowledge of multiscreen media platforms and their users.
• Savvy and knowledgeable about current trends, innovations and best practices.
• Experienced people manager with strong influencing skills.
• A commitment to excellence with a positive and resilient attitude.
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or business. MBA a plus.
• Experience working with senior management.
• Exceptionally strong communications and presentation skills
• Strongly results oriented with demonstrable track record of success
• Ability to handle ambiguity
A first-class blue-chip global FMCG business with a significant portfolio of well-known and trusted brands. This company invests very heavily in NPD and massive ATL spends and has seen huge growth over recent years. The culture is energetic, entrepreneurial and highly results-driven with opportunities to make a substantial contribution to the business.
Tarsh Lazare is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive marketing recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight/research specialists. If you would like to discuss this role, or any other roles that might be suitable, please e-mail one of the team
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you, but think you know someone who might be suitable, do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend-a-friend scheme and you could receive £200 in John Lewis vouchers should you recommended someone who is offered and accepts the role.