PR Manager (12 Months Fixed Term Contract ) - Bromley
Purpose of Role
To deliver an excellent proactive and reactive media relations service, primarily on behalf of the car insurance ‘own brands’ within Direct Line Group. Working closely with the product areas to develop engaging newsworthy stories to support business activities and initiatives and to protect and enhance the reputation of the Group’s car insurance ‘own brands’
* Create and implement a PR strategy for car insurance own brands
* Management of retained PR agency
* Provide communications counsel to the business
* Establish a strong internal network across Direct Line Group
* Ensure compliance with policy and advise the business on any communications issues
* Development of authoritative ‘lines to take’ on industry or product issues
* Ensure a prompt and informed response to queries and complaints from journalists over a wide range of issues
* Regular face to face meetings with target media
* Creative thinker and writer
* A thorough knowledge of personal finance media and current journalists would be desirable.
* A good instinct for what might become a media issue
* Excellent written and communication skills – the ability to assimilate complex business messages and briefs and produce clear, concise media materials
* Broad working knowledge (deployed with media) of the products and services offered
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Results and delivery oriented
* Demonstrable experience of working as either an Account Director, or as a PR Manager in-house
Our application process has been designed to make joining us as smooth a transition as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person for the job, but also to make sure we’re right for you. Get more details on our application process here.
Your Online application
No matter which job you’re applying for, completing our online application form is the first thing you need to do. It takes about 10 minutes to complete by uploading your CV and telling us a bit about you. Take a look at our tips on writing a great CV and before you apply pages to find out what information you’ll need to hand.
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We’ve made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too – and what’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there’s plenty to choose from, including:
* Pension funding of 9% of your base salary – you can choose to contribute less or more than this
* Income protection
* Life assurance
* Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
* Direct Line Group employees can apply for 50% off Direct Line and Churchill home, motor and pet insurance policies
* We also provide free Direct Line travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover to our people.
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more by speaking to our Recruitment Consultant for this vacancy, Natasha Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear vision: to be Britain’s best retail general insurer. We have market leading positions in the UK in personal lines motor and home insurance. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.