Market Research Manager - Consumer Insight
Carnival UK is the UK operating company for P&O Cruises, Cunard Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Holland America. We are passionate about providing world class customer experiences and operate a winning culture to achieve unrivalled business success and delivering our vision of being the most spectacularly successful Cruise Company in Britain. Our award winning prestigious brands of great British heritage, employ engaged and passionate people to deliver the highest customer service standards to our adoring and loyal customers.
At Carnival UK our people are at the heart of our journey. With full support to enable you to realise your full potential we ensure your career with us is a successful and enjoyable one.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we look for people who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable. This is your chance to join us on our journey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Market Research Manager – Consumer Insight within our Marketing Department of Carnival UK. This new role will deliver in depth analysis of Carnival UKs segmentation project, developing segment profiles and ensuring that our understanding of the segments continuously evolves through the addition of new insight. You will support the Insight Director and Head of Consumer Insight in the communication and roll out of Carnival UKs segmentation to the wider business and 3rd parties (e.g. advertising/media agencies, travel agents). The Market Research Manager will also manage ad hoc research projects across all Carnival UK brands, ensuring that the output from primary research is integrated with other market/customer analytics to deliver actionable strategic insight.
We are looking for someone with previous experience of market research activities (either agency or client side) and a proven ability to manage research projects. In addition experience in the consumer leisure market with particular focus on conducting research in support of marketing and product stakeholders is also essential for the role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have outstanding organisational skills, adopting project management principles to run market research projects.
- Be a team builder with a focus on establishing good working relationships amongst internal and external project team members. Ability to work with and influence senior managers and researchers.
- Possess logical thought and strong analytical skills. Ability to identify potential causes of problems and deal with them proactively
- Ability manage different stakeholder requirements and to resolve conflicts between these.
- Understanding of market research methods and practice
For further information or to apply for the role please visit the Carnival UK careers site.