Marketing Officer, Media and Communications
Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust is the leading nature conservation charity in the two counties. We are a dedicated team of over 100 staff and 900 volunteers; this is an exciting opportunity to be central to the ongoing development of our marketing strategy to increase people’s involvement and engagement in their local environment, and raise the Trust’s profile to a variety of stakeholders.
This role is the focal point in the Trust’s press communications including proactive and reactive media work. The successful applicant will be the lead officer in developing yearly rolling key messages and marketing communications across multiple media, including print and digital media, radio and TV, for both external and internal use. Monitoring, tracking and measuring the impact of media activities on the Trust’s profile is a vital part of the role.
In this role there will be a requirement to be contactable out of office hours, including weekends.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a relevant media back ground
- Highly skilled in IT, in use of MS Office and social media
- Experience of creating engaging and understandable communications appropriate to a variety of target audiences
- Experience of identifying and leading media and communications training for staff at all levels
- Understanding of the development and dissemination of organisational wide key messages
- Understanding of media networks, monitoring and analysis of media coverage, marketing communication channels and audience targeting.
- Good creative judgement, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and proactive, with the ability to work well as part of a team in a fast paced environment
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 2nd June 2014
Interviews: Wednesday 11th June 2014
We require completed application forms. Please download an application form and further job details at http://www.hiwwt.org.uk/jobs, or request one by email to email@example.com, or by telephoning 01489 774400.