Director of Marketing & Customer Acquisition
Director of Marketing & Customer Acquisition is responsible for growing Blackcircles.com web traffic, brand awareness and sales across the UK. Candidates must be proactive, with a strong sense of accountability and a focus on bottom-line results. This role requires analytical, leadership and collaboration skills and ideally direct response experience In online retail.
Determine strategies and tactics to increase tyre sales through demand generation activities, third party partnerships, existing customer initiatives and optimise the direct response marketing functions including email, TV and digital channels. Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of marketing spend and present a monthly budget performance to the board.
Desired Skills & Expertise
>Online retail experience would be advantageous.
>Strategic ability to identify partnership opportunities with 3rd parties.
>Traditional marketing campaign management using data and insight to optimise performance.
Blackcircles.com is the UK's leading online tyre retailer and according to Hitwise, the most visited website for tyres in the UK. In a few easy steps customers can simply choose a tyre after entering a registration number, choose a fitting centre (one of over 1,300 across the UK) after entering their postcode and pick a time convenient to them. Finally pay online and we will look after the rest. Savings of up to 40% on the high street prices on all brands and sizes.
Blackcircles.com was set up in 2001 with a first year turnover of £10,000. As of 2012 Blackcircles.com has grown to be a significant player in the UK tyre retail market, generating sales of around £35m annually and looking after over 900,000 customers. The company has offices in Edinburgh and in the Scottish Borders town of Peebles.
In 2011 Tesco Tyres.com was launched, a joint venture between Blackcircles.com and Tesco Plc, the worlds second largest retailer.
Sir Terry Leahy the former CEO of Tesco Plc is a shareholder in Blackcircles.com. The chairman of Blackcircles.com is Graeme Bissett, former Group Finance Director of Kwik-Fit.
The company was recently named as a winner at the BT Business Essence of the Entrepreneur awards, where Mike Welch also received the award for Most Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year.
- 20 June 2014
- 20 July 2014
- Affiliate Marketing, Analysis, Brand Management, Business Development, Campaign Management, Channel Marketing, Communications, Copywriting, Creative, CRM, Database Marketing, Design, Direct Marketing, E-Commerce, Marketing, Media Planning / Buying, Mobile, Product Management, Sales, Search, Trade / Customer Marketing
- Full Time
- Contract Type
More jobs like this
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Retail Trade / Customer Marketing Client Side / In-house jobs in Edinburgh
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Retail Trade / Customer Marketing Automotive jobs in Edinburgh
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Retail Trade / Customer Marketing Consumer Goods jobs in Edinburgh
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Retail Trade / Customer Marketing Retail jobs in Edinburgh