Brand Innovation Manager
WISDOM TOOTHBRUSHES LTD
Location: Head office based. Haverhill, CB9 8DT. 30 minutes East of Cambridge
Job type: Full time/ Permanent
Salary: Competitive. Dependent on experience
Position: Brand Innovation Manager – Wisdom Brand
Wisdom Toothbrushes is the renowned and well established oral care business behind the famous Wisdom brand of toothbrushes. With a strong reputation for innovation and quality the company is a leading player across the oral care sector, with product ranges covering electrical toothbrushes, floss and interdental products, toothpaste and mouthwash as well as the latest manual toothbrushes.
We are currently recruiting for an Innovation Manager to join our dynamic yet small Innovation team within Wisdom Toothbrushes. The successful candidate will be an innovation champion who, as part of the team will be accountable for developing & leading innovation projects, to ensure the effective delivery of an innovation pipeline for continued sales growth for the Wisdom Brand.
Reporting to the Consumer Marketing Manager, this is an important role, and the successful candidate will be highly motivated, proactive and well organised, with excellent communication and people skills.
Developing & Launching Winning Propositions
Responsible for delivering innovation projects derived from internal and external sources for use across all oral care consumer product sectors.
- Use consumer understanding to unlock and build insight to inform the development of new propositions for the business.
- Work closely with the brand team and with the Consumer Marketing Manager to ensure projects fit within the marketing and category strategy.
- Monitor current product range and product lifecycles for development opportunities
- Lead the development of all projects from concept brief approval through to launch including effective implementation of the following; research, product development, packaging artwork and repro.
- Be the main contact for suppliers and manage quotation/negotiation for all NPD
- Ensure timely project management and effective communication at all levels to hit launch timings set.
- To ensure all projects are managed within budget to agreed levels and on time
Creating new Opportunities
Help to identify and evaluate opportunities within both existing and new categories where appropriate to feed the future development pipeline
- Be on top of latest trends, new technologies & processes, working closely with NPD/technical team, to understand their suitability for the business.
- Monitoring global markets to understand latest innovations and trends
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry, consumer, trade and competitive dynamics
- Investigate potential new suppliers to provide flexibility and cost improvements
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous FMCG experience.
- The individual will have a marketing background with experience of successfully managing existing brands as well as managing innovation (NPD) projects. Can demonstrate that they can convert creativity and insight into opportunity, and demonstrate how it builds the brand.
- Strong project management skills with experience of leading a cross functional team.
- Strong influencing & communication skills. Can demonstrate that they can lead a team of people from different disciplines to successful completion of a project.
- Good presentation & story telling skills and can engage, inspire and influence an audience
- The job holder needs strong intellect, good creative insight, problem solving skills and critical reasoning skills (numeric and verbal)
- Financial awareness & understanding – commercially astute and familiar with profit & loss accounts
- Professional, challenging, open and honest with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Candidates to apply with covering letter/e-mail and CV on-line or by post using the details below:
FAO: Eleanor Farrant
Wisdom Toothbrushes Ltd
The Silk Mill
Colne Valley Road