Senior Brand Manager
My client are a private equity backed confectionary business with a branded and own label proposition capable of significant growth. They are seeking 2 strong commercial marketers to assist in their growth ambitions
Develop and deliver the strategy and marketing Brand Plans to support product categories in line with business objectives to maximise market share and brand profitability
In conjunction with the Marketing Manager formulate category marketing strategy and detailed brand plans for both internal and retailer presentation, ensuring effective implementation and analysis of performance results.
Full analysis of product performance using internal and external sales performance data and on-going review of market and competitor activity, liaising with Category team
Manage the brand P&Ls ensuring that all strategic initiatives and new product development meets overall sales & profitability hurdle rates.
Manage ROI analysis on key promotional activities against planned action standards presenting results and recommendations to Head of Marketing and commercial teams.
Effectively manage relationships with all external suppliers (PR, advertising, packaging, research etc.) to ensure that agreed objectives are delivered on time and within budget.
Develop creative and communications briefs in line with core priorities of the product categories with the Marketing Manager
Manage the implementation & delivery of agreed creative executions
Effectively manage communication and strong relationships with all internal stakeholders both UK and internationally (sales, finance, operations and NPD teams).
Lead, manage and champion NPD projects managing the process from concept to implementation, to ensure the achievement of measurable results within lead time and cost parameters. Lead and project manage these projects with cross functional project team
Manage all operational marketing activities i.e. packaging design, print process sign off, point of sale creation & management, merchandising solutions etc
Manage budget and expenditure priorities on the brand
Set the clear brand agenda with the Sales team and review progress on a monthly basis in Channel Team meetings
Monitor the overall brand performance including profit, external brand consumer metrics and ex-factory sales performance to make informed recommendations
- Experience of working in FMCG brand marketing essential (ideally within the food sector)
- Managerial experience an advantage
- Product & brand management skills
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organised with a flexible approach, excellent focus on attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to work cross-functionally (Operations, R&D, Finance, Sales & Procurement)
- Be able to work on your own initiative and be a self-starter
- Be professional and operate as a team player
- Be proactive and challenging
- Be numerate and PC literate – Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite
- A marketing qualification or relevant degree
- Strong budget management skills
- Passion for consumer and category insight