CREATIVE DIRECTOR - SOUTH MANCHESTER - £90-100k + BONUS
Our client regards innovation and customer experience as vital to its continued growth and success. Design is considered a fundamental part of delivering these. The Design team was set up with three primary responsibilities;
- Identify, design and implement improvements to the existing products, services and experiences across the brand globally partnering with individual or multiple business units.
- Identify, design and implement new, transformative products, services and experiences that deliver the companys core purpose and value for clients, customers and colleagues.
- Explore and define the future of what the business is and does. In doing so, create new tangible opportunities and innovation that will keep the brand relevant in the future
Today the team has grown into a multi-disciplined in-house team of over 100 people working across the Group globally.
The Creative Director will be responsible and oversee all aspects of the mobile app design from idea generation though to technical execution, testing and deployment across all mobile platforms, currently iOS, Android and Windows. You will lead an interdisciplinary team of designers (UI, Visual, User Experience and Interaction) to help evolve the app and create and deliver live releases as part of the apps continued development.
You will be responsible for driving design excellence within the team across disciplinary boundaries and ensuring that the apps design is world class beyond just the UI, taking into account and shaping elements such as wider user experience and context.
You will be responsible for ensuring the design team collaborates with other stakeholders including product owner, proposition management and technical development as part of the ongoing development of the app working as a single unit.
Design Direction and Management
- Responsible for leading and directing visual, interaction and experience designers to produce a cohesive design which is elegant, easy to use and surfaces the value of the app.
- Responsible for the definition and translation of user needs, business requirements and propositions into functional designs (wire frames, interaction patterns, visual, service blueprints).
- Responsible for inspiring the design team and provide constructive and specific direction which directly improves the quality of creativity, thinking, problem solving and design execution.
- Accountable to a Group Design Director, responsible for pushing for design excellence for the app.
- Extensive experience of owning the end-to-end design journey and deliverables for mobile apps and digital services. Including scoping, planning as well as design execution.
- Experience of working with agile, lean and iterative development processes.
- Extensive experience of leading interdisciplinary teams comprised of User Experience, Interaction and Visual Designers creating, making and launching mobile apps and digital services.
- Experience of designing, making and launching for iOS, Windows and Android.
- Previous experience of line managing and developing a team of designers who are making mobile and digital services.
- Extensive 'hands-on' design experience within your particular domain specialism, most likely User Experience or Interaction (UI) design.
- Experience of using iterative prototyping and user testing to inform and refine interaction designs.
To apply for the role, please click the 'Apply' button, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or call +44 207 928 2525