Customer Insight Manager
Tottenham Hotspur, one of Europe’s leading professional football clubs is synonymous with ambition, heritage and style. The Club is in an exciting phase of its 132 year history. Over the last five years the Club has performed strongly on the pitch, has enjoyed impressive commercial revenue growth, has opened a state-of-the-art training centre and has plans to develop a new world-class stadium.
Tottenham Hotspur is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Customer Insight professional to fill a new, exciting, challenging and varied role of Customer Insight Manager in a growing marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for the management of the Club’s data eco-system and infrastructure, provide customer insights and analytical reporting to the marketing team and wider business.
This key role will require close collaboration with a number of departments, partners and agencies to develop a pro-active and reactive insight approach. Identifying information that could inform marketing, commercial opportunities or strategic fan base development and will play a vital role in the growth and development of the Club’s brand domestically and internationally.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Customer data infrastructure with external data partners, manage data input, ingestion, data flows and updating of data structure schematics. Liaise with internal and external data suppliers.
- Pro-actively interrogate fan data to identify information that could inform marketing, commercial opportunities or the Club’s strategic fan base development. Create a structure for the sharing of actionable insights to the Marketing and wider Commercial team
- To support the Marketing Department on more complex data interrogation requirements. Ensure that the team are trained to undertake their own simple interrogations and feel empowered to do so.
- Assist with all customer data inquiries from key stakeholders including Club partners – provide adhoc insights and reports where necessary.
- Be part of key project teams that involve the capture, use and enhancement of customer data e.g. CRM, Membership/fanbase Development, Youth Strategy, Data strategy for new stadium project
- Assist in campaign tracking and measurement
- Development of regular KPI reporting and tracking relating to fanbase development.
- Identify opportunities for the development of our e-marketing channels and be an active participant of the e-marketing Marketing Project Team ensuring close collaboration with the Digital Media and Retail teams (including Affiliate networks, PPC campaigns, Auctions, Competitions, Fanbase activities)
To be successful you will need to be:
- A minimum of two years relevant experience with a demonstrable track record of delivering actionable insights ideally in the sports, leisure or entertainment sector
- Able to evaluate and interpret various data and information into commercially driven actionable insights and recommendations.
- A confident presenter, able to communicate findings and recommendations both internally and externally.
- A creative and innovative thinker able to continuously consider the insights that can genuinely inform, challenge and deliver our fan base development strategy
- Technical understanding of marketing database structures, analytics packages and business intelligence tools. SQL experience would be desirable.
- Educated to degree level
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills, responsible for balancing own workload and adhering to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail is a must. The role is responsible for accurate reporting to the entire business and decisions made from the insight presented
- Excellent interpersonal skills – recognition of internal customers, external relationships and differing levels of technical knowledge
Please send your CV with a covering letter stating your current salary.
Closing date is 5pm, Monday 11 August
No agencies please.