Commercial Market Analyst
The UCAS Media Insight and Strategy unit will provide the sales teams with detailed understanding of customer and audience behaviours to inform and/or direct commercial strategy, products and growth. This will include using a variety of primary and secondary data sources such as analysing survey feedback, analysing digital marketing campaign performance, the CRM database and other data sources for customer and sales trends to create insight which will support commercial aspirations
The outputs of the Insight and Strategy team will include reporting internal and industry performance, developing customer segmentation and develop market research reports. The Market analysts will play a pivotal role in up-skilling the sales teams and facilitating customer-led commercial solutions. As well as being able to interpret data, the team will need to help others visualise the story.
The post-holder will be comfortable analysing large datasets and be able to easily translate complex analysis results into digestible sales stories. The sales teams have ambitious targets; the post holder will have a can-do attitude, desire to work hard and go the extra mile and will be as comfortable crunching numbers as relaying outputs to peers. As a reward for hardwork; there is huge scope to network, develop golden nuggets of ideas and become a thought leader in the youth marketing space.
- To provide analysis of in-house surveys. This may include, analysing and presenting research into consumer behaviour and lifestyle, reporting on commercial customer satisfaction or creation of customer segments based on survey results for use by the Company and its Customers in promotional activities.
- To conduct analysis of existing data sources to create customer insight, segments and profiles which can be used in sales collateral such as newsletters, blogs and reports
- To support the production of UCAS Media’s regular market information resources for its sales teams, for instance summaries of commercial surveys and actions taken, and state of the industry updates
- To design and create post-campaign analysis so that commercial customers can track and measure campaign success and benchmark with other suppliers
- To support the sales team with the analysis of monthly and quarterly state of trade indicators when required
- To conduct or support ad hoc analyses of survey research data, qualitative feedback from customers or conduct desk research to inform the Company's policy positions.
- To conduct secondary research to look at market trends, competitor activity and other business monitoring
- To keep Head of Insight and Strategy informed of analysis and research developments and feed into development of sector sales strategies.
- To contribute to an ethos of raising UCAS Media as a thought leader in youth marketing space.
- Minimum of one year experience of using analytical software such as SAS, SPSS or R and hold relevant certification.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including use of Pivot Tables and Macros
- An awareness of market research methodologies and their associated outputs for subsequent analysis.
- Awareness of data protection rules and secure data warehousing
- Must have experience of analysing market information, analysing trends, drawing conclusions and proposing solutions
- Ability to simplify and describe complex information to staff of all levels.
- Degree in Statistics, Analytics, Mathematics, Psychology or Marketing
- Ability to build code such as SQL
- Awareness of Ecometrics and other market segmentation principles
- Awareness of Google analytics , buzz monitoring or other digital metrics
Awareness of information visualisation tools such as Tableau Visua-ly, piktochart, Many eyes, or other such programme.