Business Development Manager
Brilliant EMAP flagship brand is seeking a Business Development Manager to sell our award winning cross platform marketing solutions (online, offline, and events). If you know the UK healthcare market, you will know HSJ as a number 1, award winning business brand. If you are new to this sector, read on...
About the fantastic brand:
The UK healthcare market has an estimated value of more than £100bn annually and is at the forefront of government policy and public interest. Driving efficiency and change is a central aspect of this interest and as a result, attracted interest from the private sector that is helping to drive change at all levels.
This has created a hugely interesting, vibrant and evolving landscape with fascinating developments that reach each and every person in the UK; the quality of the care we receive, how, by who and at what cost to the country. Multi award winning HSJ (Health Service Journal) is one of EMAP’s fastest growing, most profitable and highly respected business brands.
The HSJ audience is formed of healthcare leaders from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds and both public and private sectors (technology, FS, legal, pharma commercial and commercial property).
Working within EMAP's high profile HSJ marketing solutions sales department, this role is responsible for ensuring maximum delivery against sales targets by championing and evangelising the powerful HSJ brand across key sectors and across an entire brand portfolio of print, digital, supplements and events.
This will be achieved through the management and growth of customer accounts & generation of new business – both customers direct and advertising agencies.
As above you will be responsible for ensuring maximum delivery against sales targets across entire brand portfolio of print, digital, supplements and events through the management and growth of customer accounts & generation of new business
- To raise and maintain brand profile in the market, in order to be the advertising media of choice
- Create annual sales plans for client base which clearly demonstrates a plan to overachieve against sales targets.
- To attend various exhibitions/conferences/events and seminars as agreed, to maintain and build client contacts and obtain new leads where possible.
Key targets include: Financial services, technology, management consultancies, property, legal and other professional service providers.
The successful applicant will be expected to develop new business opportunities and construct creative and thoughtful sales propositions at director level and above. As a result, you will have the gravitas and experience to really understand your clients and match suitable solutions in a measured and results focused manner.
This will be achieved from a mixture of telephone and face to face meetings.
- At least 5 years experience selling a similar solution (multi platform marketing solutions)
- You will also have had a consistent and stable career (at least 12 – 18 months within each role), and have proven success in a similar, highly commercial, media related environment.
- You will have experience selling a multi-platform solution (including sponsorship and online) and have extensive face to face experience.
- You will be polished, well presented, articulate (verbal and written) and highly motivated.
Additionally you must have excellent administration skills, highly adaptable and possess an understanding of challenges faced by many different types of business.
Personal qualities: You are confident, intelligent, outgoing, assertive, proactive, polished, well-presented, articulate, organised, an excellent listener and relationship builder.