Head of Business Marketing
POSITION TITLE: HEAD OF BUSINESS MARKETING
REPORTING TO: CHIEF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
DEPARTMENT: MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
CONTRACT: FULL TIME / PERMANENT
SALARY: COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS
LOCATION: LONDON BRIDGE
London & Partners is the official promotional company for London. We promote London and attract businesses, events, congresses, students and visitors to the capital. Our aims are to build London’s international reputation and to attract investment and visitor spend, which create jobs and growth.
It is our privilege to promote London around the world, working in partnership with the Greater London Authority (GLA), UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), VisitBritain and other destination marketing organisations, the London boroughs and many other key stakeholders, as well as our 1,000-plus private sector partners.
Our target audiences are leisure and business tourists, the travel trade, event organisers, overseas businesses and investors, and prospective higher education students. Our marketing and promotional activities are designed to encourage visits, investments and spend in London now, as well as building London’s reputation to support its long term success. Our mission is to tell London's story brilliantly.
We are a not-for-profit public private partnership, funded by the Mayor of London and our network of commercial partners.
Purpose of role
The company’s Business Marketing team is responsible for marketing strategies, activations and campaigns which reach and influence overseas businesses and events organisers. We inspire audiences, make the case for the London and raise London & Partners’ profile as the experts on setting up and building businesses and/or hosting business events in the Capital. The team makes a key contribution to London and Partners’ mission: to tell London’s story brilliantly.
As Head of Business Marketing you will:
- Market London as the most competitive location in Europe for foreign direct investment (FDI) and a leading global destination for meetings and events
- Promote London’s high technology clusters, including the “Tech City” cluster in East London
- Deliver other business and corporate marketing activities as required
Areas of responsibility
Foreign direct investment marketing
The Business Marketing team promotes London as a destination for FDI. It also promotes London & Partners’ expert and experienced team, which advises overseas businesses on every aspect of locating and doing business in the capital.
The company’s FDI website is www.londonandpartners.com/business. (It will move to www.business.london in due course.) The Business Marketing team works closely with the Digital team (which manages the company’s websites and associated digital channels) to ensure it has relevant content which motivates and assists audiences to invest.
Business tourism/convention bureau marketing
The Business Marketing team promotes London as a destination for meetings and events. It also promotes London & Partners’ convention bureau (CVB) team, which offers free, impartial advice, guidance and support to conference planners, associations and conventions organisers; while ensuring that their events are world-class.
The company’s CVB website is www.conventionbureau.london. Again, the Business Marketing team works closely with the Digital team on the website’s content.
Promotion of tech cluster
London & Partners has a strategic objective to make London famous as a global technology/ content cluster.
The Head of Business Marketing leads on the delivery of this objective, continually refining the company’s strategy and activation plans.
The Business Marketing team works as part of an integrated team (alongside audience insights, PR, events and conferences and trade and investment) to create activities which firmly put London’s tech cluster on the map. The company delivers this objective in partnership with stakeholders in the tech community as well as the Mayor’s tech ambassadors group.
Promotion of life sciences cluster
London & Partners also has a strategic objective to make London and the Greater South East famous as a life sciences/ medical cluster. The company has a specialist Head of Life Sciences who leads on this objective and who works closely with the Business Marketing team on activations.
For a detailed list of key duties and responsibilities, please refer to the full job description document.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record in B2B marketing with international marketing experience
- Proven track record of success in senior role in complex organisation. Experience of marketing within a tech organisation is extremely desirable
- Proven ability to put audience insight at the heart of work, and to produce communications that have demonstrable impact on audiences
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent professional qualification
- Commercially astute and results driven
- Experience of building and developing high performing teams focussed on delivering strong results
- High level negotiating and influencing skills including ability to successfully influence very senior individuals internally and externally
- Highly developed understanding and experience of working with diverse stakeholders across the public and private sectors and particularly within the Tech community
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and resources
Ability to work in a matrix environment, on cross functional projects
Personal style and behaviour
- Strategic thinker
- Highly developed leadership skills with proven ability to drive and motivate individuals
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and behaviours
- Self-driven and results-oriented with a clear focus on high quality outcomes
- Effective and persuasive communicator
- Collaborative outlook and highly credible with business and other stakeholders
- Articulate, dynamic and enthusiastic
More jobs like this
- Management/Mid – Level Digital Marketing Agency jobs in London (Greater)
- Management/Mid – Level Digital Marketing Digital Agency jobs in London (Greater)
- Management/Mid – Level Digital Marketing Media Agency jobs in London (Greater)
- Management/Mid – Level Digital Marketing PR Agency jobs in London (Greater)
- Management/Mid – Level Digital Marketing Marketing Agency jobs in London (Greater)