Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC
Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland is part of Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B). VIMN is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands including MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central. In the UK & Ireland, Comedy Central is part of the VIMN portfolio of channels through a joint venture with BSKYB.
You’re a big name brand marketer first and foremost, with in-depth brand experience marketing to youth demographics. You’ve managed a variety of disciplines including consumer marketing (ATL), PR, Digital (content development & social media specifically) and also have a solid understanding of creative development. You’re a natural at leading senior teams, providing direction, inspiring & driving results. You’re used to managing and juggling budgets and prioritizing spent. You have a strong digital background with a thorough understanding of 360 campaigns which are sharable, innovative and speak to our youth demographic. You likely have a mix of both agency and client-side experience. But definitely have a big personality, drive and believe in Comedy Central’s brand and content, you love funny!
The marketing department creates, distributes and oversees all promotional messages about the channel and its offerings. The department consists of sub-departments for On-air Production and Creative, Public Relations, Digital, and traditional Marketing. This role will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Marketing and Creative Team ensuring that the brand is always fresh, funny and relevant.
What you’ll be doing;
- Implement the brand strategy and ensure roll out across multiple international territories
- Ensure all creative & marketing campaigns are strategically linked to ROI and analyse the effectiveness the success of communication
- Ensure all creative development is on brand and is shareable at its core Use research and overnights data to drive day to day marketing and communications strategy
- Ensure the CC.co.uk digital initiative is focussed on driving traffic, is monetised as per the business plan, and is on brand in all creative development of assets for the site
- Ensure all Communications are covering traditional and non-traditional media
- Lead the strategy for partnerships and sponsorships and ensure a smooth transition to the business development team
- Ensure on going internal understanding and awareness of the organisation's objectives, achievements and programmes
- Directly managing the Communications Director, Head of Marketing, Production Director and Head of Digital/Digital Manager
- A passion and commitment to Comedy Central’s brand & content
- Experience across multiple disciplines including; consumer marketing, PR, digital, and understanding of Creative Development
- Experience working on reputable brands with a focus on marketing to youth demographics
- Significant senior management level experience and demonstrable evidence of implementing brand strategies and statistically measurable 360 marketing campaigns
- Strong leadership and management experience which drives innovation, creativity and proven results
- Highly collaborative team leader/player; comfortable with ambiguity and with leading in a matrix organisation
- Strong numeracy, analytical & reporting skills alongside expert communication skills and style