Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager
It’s a very exciting time at Thorntons, we have re-evaluated our brand, our visual identity and our product strategy. We are re-launching our entire product range and are looking for an Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager to assist the development of the 3 year vision and supporting strategy for our product ranges of the future.
Have you ever dreamed of working in a chocolate shop? Would you like to be part of a team that is responsible for bringing our fantastic products to our customers? Thorntons aim is simple, to be Britain’s best loved chocolate brand, making our customers smile. Our marketing team is an integral part of this vision, taking our ideas from conception through to launch and ensuring that Thorntons continues to be the best sweetshop in tow
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager to make our people smile through defining the Vision and Brand Strategy for a portfolio of Thorntons sub-brands.
About the role….
When you join us as an Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager, some of your key responsibilities will include:-
- Using shopper-led insight combined with a clear understanding of the broader business objectives, you will create a vision for your sub brands, coming up with key objectives and strategy that are measurable.
- Gain sign off by the business in order to prepare for the G1 paper and handover documents to commence development of your ranges.
- Bring your sub brand ranges to life for our chocolate fans by working closely with Design, Trade Marketing, Retail Merchandising, Communications and our on-line teams to create exciting launch campaigns that align to your strategic vision,
- Be responsible for the P&L where appropriate.
- Create the sub brand inspiration for our internal teams and provide them with the sub brand selling tools they need to bring our chocolates to life for their customers
You will have the ability to see the bigger picture and plan long-term vision and strategy whilst responding to short/medium-term challenges. You will have strong leadership and influencing skills. You will be a strong communicator with enhanced analytical skills and interpretation, to create powerful insights.
You will have good project management skills and be able to motivate and inspire whilst under pressure. Time management skills are essential as are good presentation skills.